Skip to content

Euro 2024

Comments

• Scenes in the other game as Netherlands do a Netherlands and manage to flatter to deceive & end up 3rd, hats off to Rangnick he has got Austria playing some decent footie.

• Austria have been the "breath of fresh air" side of the tournament. I'll be supporting them if/when England get knocked out.

• Whoever said we couldn't build a stadium on the Rye

• Netherlands yesterday, top of the group, real contenders. Netherlands now, 3rd.

England yesterday, top of the group with @Shev very confident that they’ll win it.

• edited June 25

• edited June 25

I just think this is going to be a classic "good performance against a small country" from England, so that they can puff their chests out and say they have proven the doubters wrong. It just seems inevitable, based on past scripts.

Edit: Having seen the first 14 minutes or so, I am an idiot.

Also, Southgate continuing to be overrated owing to going deep in tournaments can only continue if he continues his ridiculous streak of draws opening up, and that requires us winning the group!

• At tonight's game

• And the keeper was holding off for so long, he eventually comes off the line and then gets punished with another pen!

• Dreadful first 5 from England, poor passing. disjointed press - this could be a very painful evening.

• Just realised Austria won the group! Get a win tonight and Southgate's amazing luck with the unravelling of the draw continues.

• The upside to the Kane fiasco seems to be that commentators no longer have an involuntary orgasm every time they mention his name.

• LX1LX1
    edited June 25

Austria were tipped as a 'dark horse' this year doctor c. Maybe this year's Greece?

Also..cheer up

• England are making Slovenia look like Iceland so far!

• Lidl

• Austria have been a lot more entertaining than Greece but I know what you mean. Would like to see them progress.

• That offside graphic shows that Foden runs like a velociraptor.

• England no shots in the first 26 minutes. Sigh.

• edited June 25

I have thought of a nice term for our "style". I would call it "Porridge Football". Stodgy, bland and forgettable. The only reason it is not perfect is that I feel it to be a little harsh on Porridge, which does not really deserve to be compared to England football.

• The entire team plays like Harry Kane’s personality. This is what happens when you make the world’s dullest man captain.

• You can't call it 'Over 50's walking football' because that name is already taken.

• “Harry, you’re the captain, give the team a rousing speech to fire them up for the match.”

“Yeah no yeah, um, no yeah. Yeah.”

• Was his dad a toolmaker?

• Haha

• I have just wasted 45 minutes of my life.

• 45 mins of just punting the ball. Just punting the ball. Punting it from everywhere! Goal kick punts. Corner punts.

Not my words. The words of Joseph Barton esq.

• I hope MB doesn't get ideas watching this ...

• England should be getting their penalty soon

• Struggling to keep my eyes open

• So lacklustre from England, too little width, no pressure on the full backs, Bellingham/Foden/Kane/Saka all trying to play in the same space & none of them making any movement for the ball carrier. Mainoo perked them up briefly, but they then fell back into the same patterns; as though that is what has been drilled into them...

• Why is Kane still on? We've got no pace whatsoever.