Skip to content

EFL League One Table by Manager Loyalty (since 1990)

edited May 3 in Football

I thought this would be a good illustration of how stable of a club we have been since the start of MON's reign. It is also interesting to see that generally the smaller clubs have been more loyal to their managers - possibly because we can't afford to sack them as often? Obviously clubs such as ourselves and Exeter have benefited from extraordinarily long tenures for our level, but I am still proud of the relatively small amount of managerial turnover.

One thing I noticed is that this period - especially from 2000 onwards - is when managerial changes spiraled out of control. Many clubs had long tenures in the decades leading up to the 1990s.

It is so hard to give time in today's game, but I am very pleased that the Couhigs stayed the course with Blooms. Who knows how it will go from here, but it does carry on a long tradition on our part. If he lasts several years and has success, it might end up another lesson in going against the grain as far as itchy trigger fingers.

Fleetwood were excluded from this list owing to technically being a club reformed in 1997.

Comments