Skip to content

Alfie Mawson to Oxford

2»

Comments

• personally i do not think there is a chance that he goes to Oxford, if he was to stay in league 2 then would be confident of a return to WWFC, but lets be honest he is more likely to go to Swindon or Barnsley....good luck to him....i think that he is already championship standard

• @StrongestTeam, it's all about the dollar and possible location and training facilities, as someone else mentioned are main weapon (draw) is GA, but I can't see Mawson playing for us on our tight budget, he would certainly get possible double what we could afford somewhere us.

• Oxford fan in peace, was a lot of talk of Mawson coming to oxford earlier in week although our chairman ended those rumours today, seems to be very highly rated by you all, from seeing him last season against us he didn't look that good and Roofe seemed to have his number, you think he's league 1 bound or even talk of him going to Rangers??? Anyway good luck for the upcoming season

• He's a very talented young player with a great future ahead of him. Still got plenty to learn before being the finished article. He did sometimes struggle without Pierre alongside him (they've played together throughout their career), so needs to develop that side of things. I'm sure he'll do well wherever he ends up though.

• He'd never played a league game before last season. In that context he was phenomenal. The way he can bring the ball out and pass with both feet, plus the goal scoring threat he brings from set pieces mark him out as a player that could play at a much higher level

"in my opinion"

• While on the subject of bright young talents, (and with apols if posted before) but interesting to note that ex-loanee Marcello Trotta is currently playing for Italy U21 team and may well play some part against England tonight (?). Lad appears to be doing well back in italy. Possible addition to the played for Wycombe went on to play for country list?

• When he played for us it was obvious that the boy had got quality well above where he was playing...he currently plays for Avellino who play in Seria B, he scores goals and could be playing in Seria A next season....0ne of the best strikers i have seen play in a WWFC shirt

• Whatever we may think of @blueh_w (ie not a lot), he is not a revolting, foul-mouthed specimen of humanity, as Tans appears to be. He would be sufficient in himself to deter a self-respecting and respected player like Alfie Mawson from going anywhere Swindon Town.

• @micra Anywhere near Swindon.

• Probably our best hope of seeing him play for us next season is him to sign for a Champ club, and then we get him back in on loan... Especially as Birmingham have more established CBs already.

• There is a post on league 1 news 24 that Mawson is about to sign for Barnsley on Monday.

• Good luck to him. Both he and Josh Scowen will go on to bigger things than Barnsley I'm sure.

• I think it's a good move for him, they seem to be building a good young team up there and there's every chance they'll be challenging near the top next season.

• Does that mean we can legitimately adopt Barnsley as a 'second' team now? Makes life easier

• Hopefully it' Aston Villa loaning us a few of their starlets who need first team action.