Skip to content

Wrexham

13»

Comments

• Peterborough did exactly that this season. Placed in a stand with wooden seats and supporting pillars as the going rate on the side is higher than behind the goal. On that day the recently built end was given to community group's/schools

• Millwall would never take 2500 fans on a 250 mile/5 hour journey in an FA Cup or League Cup game against Accrington. I get your point though.

• It will be interesting to see how they do fare in League One, it looks like the league will be relatively weak compared to recent seasons so they might have a chance if they hit a purple patch or two.

We'll have to wait and see just how insufferable their fairweather followers are, the ones who stuck by the club when they were in the doldrums certainly have my respect.

• edited April 16

I think Wrexham (and Stockport and Mansfield) will be easily safe and pushing for top half next season. There is quite a significant overlap between L1 and L2, and the promoted teams usually stay up easily - Carlisle were a bit of an anomaly this season, and came up through the playoffs too. Looking at how Leyton Orient, Stevenage and Northampton did, it is hard to see any of the three struggling significantly.

It's hard to even say who the strugglers will be. I suppose the best guess is possibly Exeter, Bristol Rovers, L2 playoff winners, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, and whoever stays up between Burton, Cheltenham and Port Vale.

• Aren't Birmingham close to a points deduction? Might be in trouble if they come down.

• Rotherham have to get promoted or it will break the space time continuum. As @flymofrank says, Birmingham could be the next Portsmouth/Bradford and find themselves in L2.

• I might be wrong, but their finances are in fairly bad shape from what I can gather.