Skip to content

Man of the Match - Derby (H)

2»

Comments

• Agreed, all 4 CBs are Championship level in my opinion and hopefully another good one up and coming in Skura who's impressed in his appearances.

Defensively Low was great last night, but did have moments of trying to overplay and giving the ball away cheaply. That said, he never stopped trying to pass out of defence which I thought showed encouraging confidence and also was clearly a tactic Blooms wanted to employ which again I found encouraging.

• And we also have young Skura who looked good in the early FLT games and appears to have held down a place out on loan at Ebbsfleet

• I really like the look of him. I’ve heard Sam Grace thinks he’s the next one to break through.

• 9 of the starting eleven got votes but Freddie Potts got none. That’s a collector’s item.

• I think we’ve started taking him for granted.

• Not sure that’s the reason. Any player is bound (and fully entitled) to have an off-day and I think Wednesday (or was it Sunday?) was judged by one or two Gasroomers as having been a rare example in Freddie’s case.

I’ve definitely not started to take him for granted. Perhaps his greatest “sin” on Wednesday was, very uncharacteristically, to get caught in possession in the centre circle, leading to a potentially dangerous counter attack.