Skip to content

Attendance Prediction - Lincoln City (h) - Sat 13th Jan '24 (Game 26)

2»

Comments

• 5,110 with 465 Lincoln.

• 4820 with 385 Imps.

• 4,850 (500 away)

• 4686 with 418 imps

• 4423 with 441 not overly excited at watching Richard Kone

• 4750 with 475 away

• 4,582 with 392 most welcome visitors from the Cathedral City.

• 4700 with 425 Imps

• Maybe I was being over-optimistic with my prediction but there seems to be a feeling of greater optimism in the air following the signing of two attacking youngsters (great pals, by the way) Sam Vokes returning to goalscoring form at Burton and Freddie Potts raring to go after an enforced week’s rest.

Add to that a dry bright day with negligible windchill and the option of watching in the warmth of the room formerly known as the Vere Suite (apologies to current sponsors but I’ve suffered a temporary lapse of memory) and Bob’s your uncle.

• Hopefully not many are coming by train. Chiltern Trains are all over the place today

• Great to see three at the back working so well.

• Been given as 4,470 with 420 Imps.

• Oooh, seem to recall someone had that exact figure. My own optimism totally misplaced.

• Sad to say it, but it's been a long time since the announcement of an exciting new signing would be enough to significantly swell the crowd for the next home game.

• Sixth lowest crowd in the whole EFL, hard to build a sustainable business model on that revenue.

• Top Twenty for the Total Crowd: [Actual 4470]

It took me at least a day to recover from that one. A smidgen of good news now follows for at least some...

Many congratulations to @Shev, top of the table, Forecaster of the Week and a single digit score, and one of the best single digit scores so far this season.

Congratulations to @LDF - not far behind - those that read to the end of these posts might like to note that @LDF was out by ten.

Congratulations also to @NewburyWanderer who was also not far behind, with the sort of score that can come top of the table on a different week.

Congratulations to @DevC, @bookertease, @MindlessDrugHoover and @DJWYC14 who were all within one hundred.

Top Twenty for the Away Crowd: [Actual 420]

Very many congratulations to both @Twizz and @Shev both out by just the single person. I can't remember another time that someone has been closest with both the total crowd and the away crowd, but anything precovid is hard to recollect!. Take a bow @Shev.

Congratulations to @BSE who was also very close. Congratulations to myself on this occasion and to @wwfcblue for being within ten and to @LDF and @Glenactico for being out by exactly ten. Anyone who will read to the end of this post should especially note again that @LDF was out by ten.

There were a large number of forecasters who were close on this particular prediction, congratulations to @ryan_w_kirkby2, @NewburyWanderer, @MindlessDrugHoover and @mwite who have been highlighted as being out by twenty or closer. @DevC and @Alexo were on a 5% misses and everyone in the table was within 6%.

Top Twenty for the dissappointed Home Crowd: [Actual 4050]

Many congratulations indeed to @LDF, out by ten for both the total and away attendances but spot on for the home crowd - this doesn't happen often.

Many congratulations to @Shev who underestimated the total crowd by five and overestimated the away end numbers by one and so was out by six for the home crowd.

Congratulations to @DJWYC14, @NewburyWanderer, @bookertease, @DevC and @MindlessDrugHoover who were all within one hundred.