Skip to content

Match Day Thread: Bristol Rovers

Comments

• Rob must have written Matt a letter

• Good grief, where was that half of football hiding for the last few months?

We looked a totally different team, yes Potts in the middle & Vokes up front change the dynamic but seriously who said what to whom this week for us to dig that out?

• We've looked a lot better, but I expect our horsephobic friends to come back a lot stronger in the second half.

Maybe bring Wheeler on for Vokes on 60 mins, Vokes has done well but yeah, walking a bit of a tightrope at the moment with that other little tangle before HT.

And (not news) but Potts is indeed class.

• This has been so much better than recent weeks. Attacking with purpose and desire, Vokes and Taff absolutely superb, Potts sublime.

• We need to keep up this high intensity. Not sure we can rely on a one goal lead, but hugely improved so far. No return to a 3 at the back to see out the game please Matt!

• Very good half. Echo all of the above

• Looks like a proper 442 with the wingers given licence to run with the ball and put in crosses. The ball has rarely gone long, Potts is the lynchpin, everything going right. Just sublime. The players are showing us they want Bloomfield to stay.

• Have we appointed Lance Armstrong as club doctor?

• Where has that half come from? The best half of football we've played under Bloomfield other than perhaps the first half at Fleetwood. And this is against much better in-form opposition. It's amazing what a switch away from 3/5 at the back can achieve. Vokes/Potts have been sensational

• Played very well. Kept it smartly and moved it quickly. Final balls could be better. Need another goal, as you know, even with Rovers being dire, we won't hold on calmly

• I love 4-4-2. Wingers. Crosses. Battles in midfield. It just suits what we have.

• Keep calm. 45minutes to go.

• Wish I was there

• Need another before Vokes comes off.

• The world feels slightly better today.

• Need to preserve the comments in amber for the inevitable ‘we were clueless’ responses if/when Rovers come back to draw/win.

• What a joke!

• We just can't win.

• Their player gesticulated to Gmac that it was a headbutt? Is that true? I didn’t see it

• Looks like a red from the replay.

• Scowen's foot was very high, difficult to tell if he made contact with the Rover's players head, clealry the ref felt it di dhence the straight red.

• Looked like their player was treated for a cut to face - foot that high always a Red

• Even if we somehow win, no Scowen for three games.

• Red for Scowen..... I am speechless.

Yes, it was a high foot that made contact with the head of the defender but it was also a clear slip from Scowen and the their player is several inches higher than him.

Then cautions MB for very little ignoring the fact that someone from Rovers bench put their hands on Scowen as he walked off.

Poor from the ref, really really poor

• This ref all over. Gives their keeper a free kick when we breathe on him, nothing for taking out Max.

• Please, no - not five at the back.

• Nearly amazing from wheels