Skip to content

Who, where, when, score, scorers etc.

2»

Comments

• I was there that day....Francis did torment us that day.

• The original Snoop Dog - a proper handful that lad.

• You'll know where - how about when, score, scorer(s)?

Photo02_2

• The 1-0 defeat to the Daggers at Victoria rd on the opening day of the season in 1978 ? The wondeful huge yellow numbers means its mid to late 70's.

• Yes think I agree with that one, Unless its the 1-1 draw in August 1979? although I never went to either of those games. But I bow to ChasHarps Knowledge on kits. That is the same end we will be sat in today by the way

• I overlooked the 1979 game, but plumped for 1978 as it looks like Alan Phillips in the centre, and 'Silly Dilly' wearing the number 9. Both of whom had gone before the 79/80 season.
    We also wore wanderers greatest ever strip, the adidas superstars kit during 79/80

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Wycombe_Wanderers/images/wycombe_wanderers_1979-1980.gif

• 1978 it was. That end looked a bit different today! Apparently some fans missed today's game having been stuck in traffic. What I do remember about the 1978 game was that it was one of the very few times I missed the kick-off. Why? Because I was stuck in horrendous traffic on the A13 in my Triumph 1500.

Well done to Gareth and the boys for another great result today. Really upped our game in the second half. Just thankful that Cureton didn't spoil the day for us.