Skip to content

Season ticket process - still no response or monies taken

2»

Comments

• Are you told when do you take your holidays sandexile?

• well we only have 2 staff in the ticket office so basically its tough shit and we all just have a wait abit. If thats the price we pay to keep our club then so be it.

• Sadly I have offered my services ,telephone answering etc. I work close to the ground and could often help out,but unfortunately, like other offers I, and others have made they seem to fall on stony ground.

• I have also offered my experience to help the marketing department, even if it is monotonous work. I was turned down as well.

Perhaps they have had bad experiences in the past - spending hours or even weeks training up volunteers who then say they can't help out anymore, wasting everyone's valuable time and man-power.

• @Elmo - Might be something to do with Health & Safety and/or insurance as you are legally liable for volunteers as well as employees.

• @mooneyman Seems strange to ask for volunteers if you know you can't cover the liabilities?

• @sandsexile My point, as I'm sure you realize, is that June is actually the most sensible time to take a holiday. Do you really think it's wiser for ticket office staff to take a holiday during the season when we're never more than 6 days away from our next game?

• Whilst for next year it would help if they had an acknowledgement of receipt with a note to say it may be weeks before they are able to process them, we've obviously got that part wrong this year.
    But the main point is - what's the hurry? We really don't need them for weeks. Why shouldn't they take time off and have sending them out as low priority?

• @Floyd I am afraid you are wasting your time arguing the point as the Victor Meldrew moaners on this site know best.

• Christ on a bike. Why do people keep claiming this is something to do with people complaining they've not received their ticket?

READ THE FUCKING POSTS!!!!!

It's to do with paying by instalments, which must be completed by 10 July and the fact that for some people...

NO INSTALMENTS HAVE YET BEEN TAKEN!!!!!

Causing, I'd imagine, problems, with budgeting, which was probably THE MAIN REASON THEY WANTED TO PAY IN INSTALMENTS IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Essentially, if we don't have the staff to deal with instalments, DON'T OFFER THEM.

And finally. THIS IS NOT ABOUT PEOPLE NOT RECEIVING THEIR TICKET IN JUNE. IF YOU THINK THAT, YOU ARE SIMPLE!

I apologise for the outburst and am off for a lie down...

• Oops. Valid rant Arnos. Sorry I'd forgotten all about that part.

• @bookertease said:
    Oops. Valid rant Arnos. Sorry I'd forgotten all about that part.

I feel bad now.

• The last three posts sum up why I love the gasroom. Sad, I know.

• Can anyone answer why I haven't received my season ticket yet?

• You have been banned Eric!

• It does seems bit daft to be told you can pay in three installments, if ultimately all three installments are taken at the same time a week before the first match.

• My card will probably be declined if they take all three installments in one month.

I don't have enough disposable income for two season tickets to be taken out in full without spreading the cost.

• What a palava(sp?)! Great news that WWFC have DOUBLED the amount of season ticket sales compared to this date last year, difficult to see any business coping immediately with an increase of 100%.

Read most posts in this thread with a smile on my face, especially Christ on a bike (presumably alongside the popemobile?!), the most worrying happening being that the ticket office LOST one of the ST applications. Bad form?

Of course there should be an auto-response as mentioned above and I understand the legitimate concerns of those paying installments but the bigger picture is that we have more people committing to come to Adams Park and support the Blues. Happy days!

• @sandsexile Yes, to be fair, i think it is slightly odd, but i also think it's a symptom of having a skeleton staff to handle things in the office.

I don't think giving ticket staff vacation time in the season makes any more sense tho'. Perhaps late May is the normal time and that got pushed back by the play-offs.

• Has anybody had a clear response from the club on this issue yet? I submitted an application form at the end of May. Heard nothing since, nor has any money been taken. Not paying in instalments.

• Yes chased up x 2 and got a response from Richard Foster. Payment one has now gone out.

• Surely the issue with the system - or lack of - that is currently in place is that without either an ackowledgement that your ST application is being processed or monies being taken it leave you in limbo as to knowing if they actual have the application.
    It's all very well saying don't panic but I'll be on holiday late July and early August. It will be no use to me to discover when I return 2 days before the season starts that I dont have a season ticket because its not been recieved.
    Andrew Howard runs a very successful business and I'm pretty sure that they would be ecpected to acknowledge orders from their customers when they are received.
    It's just a very poor system we have in place.