Skip to content

Match day thread: Northampton

167891012»

Comments

• Most bookies will settle bets based upon Opta stats released shortly after full time. So if you had bet on Keogh, you would have been paid out, and they wouldn't be able to claim it back.

If you had bet on GMac with the same bookmaker, they would probably say tough luck, you already got paid for the Keogh bet, and can't be paid twice. But if you had made that bet with a different bookmaker, they would credit your account accordingly.

• I wonder if clubs only pay out on goal bonuses either a month or 2 after or at the end of the season.

Just to avoid the akwardness of having to retract the money and re-issue it!

• There must be a time scale on this. If it's not corrected within a day or 2, it stays as first billed?

• I remember betting on JJ to score from outside the area in the Play Off first leg at Fleetwood. He scored directly from a corner but it was initially given as an own goal and so they didn't pay out. They claimed "Bets were settled on the Press Association result announced at the time. Any subsequent corrections or amendments made will not apply for settlement purposes". Presume this is the case with all bookies.

For this goal, isn't GMac offside once Keogh heads it into him? So we maybe got a bit lucky.

• I think the 19 and the guy on the floor are both on the goal line.

• GMac is standing goalside of the lad on the floor, could well be that his head is keeping him onside if he's lying on an angle. But very tight. Also totally irrelevant!

• Presumably if they spot that the goal shouldn't have stood but was awarded they have to ignore that