Skip to content

Injuries and rotation for Sutton

2»

Comments

• Thanks to kindly, reasonable folk, my score has moved on to the year in which we celebrated VE (Victory in Europe) day. I’m very grateful.

• Reverting to the Sutton match, I wonder if there is any possibility that we might see Richard Koné ?

• Unlikely given he requires a work permit, to be signed and FA approval, none of which have come through before the deadline to play.

• Thank, @Midlander. I’d lost track on where we’d got to. Think he could be a very exciting addition.

• Really horrible to see two Wycombe players stretchered off with what look like serious injuries in consecutive matches.

Bad luck for the team and supporters but absolutely terrible on a personal level for both Jack Grimmer and Dale Taylor. Lets hope the injuries aren’t as bad as they looked and both are back in a month or two.

To compound matters, Jack Wakely was stretchered off for Ebbsfleet in their match with Barnet today, with what was reported as being a serious knee injury.

Best wishes to all three of them.

• It really is terrible for Dale and the two Jacks. I really can't imagine how much of a mental battle a serious injury must be as well as a physical one. I am glad we have a club that appears to nurture players through it - I'll never forget Nick Freeman on co-comms so many times as he recovered from his long term injury! I would love to hear Grimmer or Taylor with Phil too.

As has been said before, we often go from "How can we fit all of these players in to the team?" to "When is player X coming back? We are way too thin!" but this has to be record speed. Five league games in and we have at least medium term injuries to Jacobson, Grimmer, Tafazolli, Taylor and Pattenden, with TJay having a knock and McCarthy only just back, with Wheeler yet to start.

• Grimmer tweeted that he won’t be playing for a while.

• edited August 2023

I was under the impression reading a few things online yesterday that Taylors injury was a bad cut rather than a bone or muscle injury ? This could be totally wrong of course, but if true hopefully shouldn't keep him out for as long if true.

Wonder if the club will say

• I'm hoping for a strong lineup tonight. Getting through would mean 4 games without defeat, which is a decent platform to start building some confidence and momentum. A drab display against relatively lowly opposition could easily dampen the mood after a couple of more encouraging results.

• Agreed @Glenactico strongest fit eleven please Blooms

• Yes - keep momentum going. We don’t have a fixture congestion problem and a big name at home next round might bring a decent crowd. Or a fun away evening at a ‘big club’.