Skip to content

Attendance Prediction Exeter (h) - Sat 5th August 2023 - Match Number 1

2»

Comments

• Wish I didn't always go early and wait for news about home and away ticket sales instead of an instant gut feeling 😕 🤣🤣🤣

• 4850 with 445

• Thursday evening update:

Thanks to everyone for predictions from forecasters old and new and thanks for all the good wishes, very heartening and encouraging.

We have 27 predictions in already:

Average for Total Crowd: 5057 [the range is 4300 to 5987]

Average for Away Crowd: 547 [and likely to be more - @perfidious_albion reports 600 sold on Monday]

Happy predicting to all yet to predict.

• 5,110 with 653 Exeter.

• I thought I was going low predicting 720 Grecians for the first game of the new season. Surely they are excited as us?

• Thanks again @railwaysteve and I hope the treatment and recovery goes well. A good reminder re: the PSA tests and I am happy to match my donation to @DevC's charity (once I get around to it) with a donation to Prostate Cancer UK.

So. We go again...

A rainfall affected 4224 with 636

• Thank you for running this again @railwaysteve and I hope you continue to improve and have a speedy recovery.

5,151 with 497 away for me please.

• My first ever attempt. I am actually in Spain at the moment so can't think what it will be like on a cool, damp afternoon!

5,000 with 500 away.

• New season, new me, after last year's reprieve from relegation to the When Skies are Blue forum

6255 with 476 away fans

• a40a40
    edited August 2023

Thanks for organising again @railwaysteve. Hoping you’re in good health. I’m looking forward to another prediction battle with you. Will you go one better this year?

I’ll start with an optimistic 5678 with 765 Grecians

• 5,086 including 743 Grecians.

Glad you've completed your treatment @railwaysteve and best wishes for your continued health, and thanks for running the comp for another year.

• 5,003 with 699 away. Thanks

• Good to hear you are on the mend @railwaysteve - quite a time for you healthwise, these last 3 years or so.

4,937, including 728 most welcome visitors from Devon.

• 5143 with 730 Grecians

• 4,302 with 454 Away

• Here is a reminder for those that have previously predicted that there is a 2pm deadline on this prediction thread. For @DevC's score prediction thread the deadline is Kick Off. The difference is because information about the attendance is more knowable the closer kick off approaches and I travel from a way away so sometimes it makes it possible to do an update before kick off.

Many thanks for all the kind and encouraging messages - I will give everyone who predicted this week a thumbs up. It is a record number of forecasters for the first day!

Update on our collective wisdom shortly after 2pm.

• 38 predictions in before the deadline. Anyone that missed it is welcome to join in next week.

Collectively we say:

Average for Total Crowd: 5064 [Range 4224 to 6255]

Average for Away Crowd: 570

The home crowd average works out at 4494 - with a range of 3558 to 5779.

Up the Blues

• Been given as 5,369 with766 Exeter.

• 5369 looks a decent crowd for an opening home fixture in August. Is that right, or am I imagining that we usually get below 5000 on opening day?

• Results later in this post - but first because it was on the higher end of our estimates

We did have 5772 for Burton at home last season, 4551 for Accrington the season before.

Forecaster of the Week and Top Twenty for the Total Crowd:

Many congratulations to @A_Worboys - the first Forecaster of the Week this season and a tidy double digit score to start the season. Congratulations also to @mooneyman and @Onlooker who both also recorded double digit scores.

Top Twenty for the Away Crowd:

@a40 demonstrates last seasons form in the Away Crowd predictions. Congratulations are well deserved for very fine miss by just one. @NewburyWanderer, @wwfcblue, @our_frank, @Onlooker, @Wendoverman and @PJS were all within 50.

Top Twenty for the (calculated) Home Crowd Prediction:

Congratulations to @Erroll_Sims - closest to the home attendence of 4603. @SmiroludyBlue, @Onlooker and @Wendoverman were all within 100 and @mwite was very close to that.

• @railwaysteve

You've doubled up on the away crowd.

A decent turnout for an August school holiday game. I see we had the lowest gate in League One though and Reading have not published an attendance.

• I'm quite impressed that I've started well in this competition. I usually look like I've begun the season with a 24 point deduction.

• Oops!

Total crowd actual figures and a repeat of what I posted with the wrong table.

Apologies to all, especially to @A_Worboys, @mooneyman and @Onlooker.

Forecaster of the Week and Top Twenty for the Total Crowd:

Many congratulations to @A_Worboys - the first Forecaster of the Week this season and a tidy double digit score to start the season. Congratulations also to @mooneyman and @Onlooker who both also recorded double digit scores.