Skip to content

Cold Blooded Hearts debut LP out soon!!!

edited July 2023 in Not Football
The LP
  1. Are you going to buy it?27 votes
    1. Yes
        0.00%
    2. No
      59.26%
    3. NO WAY
      40.74%

Comments

• Gareth Ainsworth has been into music since he was a boy and recently released a storming cover of Dion’s hit classic ‘The Wanderer’. The single was dedicated to the success of Wycombe Wanderers and became an unofficial anthem for the club.

Lee and Gareth have been in bands together for twenty years. They formed Dog Chewed The Handle back in 2004, after which Luke then joined as the drummer. Now known as The Cold Blooded Hearts, they have released their first ever album, summarising their many years of writing together.

This CD edition of ‘The Cold Light Of Day’ features 10 cuts of pure rock (with a bonus eleventh track) and was produced by Yes keyboardist, Geoff Downes – now that’s rock ‘n’ roll football.

• Good luck to him, sounds like a great gig and bit of fun for him, might have wandered in out of curiosity if I was working in town on Friday. Might even give it a spin on Spotify, not sure I need to be parting with any real money.

Not sure about The Wanderer "becoming" an anthem after his release of it btw as implied above. We've been playing it for decades.

• edited July 2023

Strange Geoff Downes is always described as Yes keyboardist (one album) rather than one half of The Buggles.

@StrongestTeam nothing exists before young people discover it. I've heard tell artists are having things thrown at them on stage. It's a new phenomenon brought on by 'Covid anixieties' say 'the experts'. Not just fans getting overexcited like in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, eh Ozzy?

• Wonder how today's pop stars would cope with the kind of stuff Alan Vega had thrown at him during Suicide gigs.

• QPR fans get a bonus EP

1 Hello, is it me you're not looking for?

2 Only losers win

3 Down Down

4 Never Gonna Get You Up

etc

• Do Cold Blooded Hearts fans mock GA, saying he looks like a football manager?

• I'm not sure 'You look like a Rock Star' is the description most Opposition fans used on forums or the stands, to be honest.

• He looks like the bloke who takes people's money on the dodgems was probably the nicest thing opposition fans said.

• I know that's Lou Reed on Gaz's shirt, but it looks a bit like Julian Clary...

• I listened to a couple of tracks on Apple Music and they were solid rock which I like although I did spend a lot of the time playing the who does it sound like game.

• @Wendoverman Geoff Downes rejoined Yes in 2011, and has been on a further 4 albums since then.

He is also currently a member of Asia.

Both tedious progressive rock bands

• @JohnnyAllAlone For someone who finds progressive rock bands tedious, you seem to know a fair bit about them.

• Thanks @JohnnyAllAlone I tend to think about bands in their heyday rather than the streaming forcing us back on the road incarnations. I recall my Yes disciple friend being appalled by the Idea of The Yuggles (c NME) though he still bought the album and saw them on that tour.

• Haven't really followed Yes since they started to splinter all over the place in the 80s, but I love a lot (not all) of their earlier stuff, and they were definitely one of THE cool bands to be into during my teenage years...

Then Punk came along 🙄

• Too many notes for me @NewburyWanderer I went from Glam to punk in one small step. I can appreciate some of the gatefold concept album sub Tolkeiners output now but on the whole not for me. I like Rick Wakeman as a pundit though.

• Led Zeppelin, Cream, Deep Purple and Fleetwood Mac for me.

• And Free, especially Paul Rodgers.

• edited July 2023

Three chord noisemongers AC/DC, Motorhead and Judas Priest for me before punk hit. (Though I did quite like Elvish sci-fi bothering trio Rush when they rocked out...)

All due respect to GA but I thought the Doors were crap....

• edited July 2023

The legacy of the Doors is much more about Jim Morrison's antics than the music. A handful of good songs imo but nothing I'd consider a 'proper' classic. Idk, maybe I had to be there at the time to 'get' them.

• The Jimi Hendrix Experience for me. I went to two live gigs they did at Imperial College, London University in 1968/69.

In one of those, I was standing a few feet away from a massive speaker. My hearing has never been the same since.

• His sense of proportion must have been damaged beyond repair as well.

• Always a pleasure to make the acquaintance of a Doors sceptic. Woeful old pub rock to my ears.

• Had a listen to a Yes album (Close to the Edge) on headphones through my iPhone this afternoon (whilst working so at least getting paid).

Was EVERYONE stoned in the 70s? God it was tedious to listen to stone cold sober.

Nowt wrong with The Doors though so I may be coming at this from a total lack of musical taste.

And pre-punk - which came at the perfect time for me (born late 1959) - it was Hawkwind / Bowie / Tangerine Dream.

• edited July 2023

Some bands are elevated by the untimely death of their lead singer Nirvana, The Doors, & Queen to name a few, not that they were bad I quite liked some songs by each of them.

• edited July 2023

I don’t know how to delete this comment so here’s a penguin 🐧

• edited July 2023

That is true of Nirvana, although they were kind of the flag-bearers for a genre/movement which ripped everything up in a way few bands ever have outside of punk.