Skip to content

JJ's testimonial confirmed

2»

Comments

• Pre-season isn't about testing yourselves

• We started off with a strong victory last season, also keeping Burton away from our goal. I think it was more the three additional games where we did not have Max after that where the problems came in.

• Yeah, our slow start was overwhelmingly to do with our lack of a proper goalkeeper.

• Boring game aside the ticket website keeps crashing after taking my details...I assume I have just paid £200 for 10 people to sit in my seat.

• Same for any friendly, they are all off abroad nowadays. We used to send our full team out to a good variety of places. In return, we had the likes of West Ham and Spurs send their full teams and got big gates as a result. Now it is all self self self rather than helping out smaller teams.

• I’m sure it’s not to deliberately harm smaller clubs. More to do with concealing key tactical information, trialists, player fitness etc.

• I've finally got me ticket to see our new players (and possibly some blokes with no names) in their new shirts overwhelm a disappointing Championship side in our last meaningful friendly.

• Finally have an email from the club with some details of the Season Ticket Waiver Party, woohoo 🙌 🎉

• Unfortunately unable to attend this, but I expect it to be rather special...

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2024/february/28/join-the-stars-at-an-evening-with-joe-jacobson/

• It appears JJ is unfortunately not going to play many games in his final season, which must be disappointing for him. Bloomfield clearly prefers Leahy or KVY and even brought another left back, Earley, in the window to compete . JJ has been a magnificent servant to our club and fully deserves a special evening.

• JJ’s wining penalty against Peterborough at Wembley will however be a perfect way to end his career…

• edited February 29

Definitely. With the teams poor form early season and his injury, it's not been a great season to go out on. The move away from 5 at the back probably sealed it too.

However, better to get a 10th and testimonial season here to end on then having to start elsewhere or even retire early.

Hopefully he can captain the team in one of the last games of the season. That'd be a fitting end.

• As we entered time added in the Bradford Semi, with penalties looming, JJ remained seated on the bench, then for me it was clear his time was over.

Still with one pen in five scored as a club how we miss his dead ball skills.

• JJ was very calm commentating on Tuesday night as Leahy fired a free kick into the wall and Potts missed a pen. I'd have been saying things like, 'if only we had a left footed set piece wizard in our squad...'