Gasroom Playlist Picks
Taking a cue from Ringing the Blues, and maybe to take our minds off other things, I thought it might be a bit of fun to do a Gasroom version of Playlist Picks. As Phil's not here to interview anyone though, it's up to us.
- Three songs that mean something to you, or don't.
- You don't have to tell us why you've picked it, but can if you want.
- One person at a time, each person nominates the next.
- If you're nominated but don't want to take part, just nominate the next person.
- If the nominated person doesn't turn up for more than a couple of days the last participant has to renominate.
- Feel free to discuss everyone's picks, but be nice
I'll start, and I have to kick off with my all time favourite piece of music: Isaac Hayes' cover of Walk On By - it's like audio opium, the most blissfully beautiful rendition of a magnificent pop song.
Hard to follow that, but when my twins were babies the one thing guaranteed to get them to stop crying and go to sleep was putting Faith No More's cover of the Commodores classic Easy on. Worked every damn time.
And finally, absolutely no emotional connection for this one, I just love every single thing about it - from the incredible production, to the wild lyrics based on the work of William Boroughs to the fact that there had never been anything like it when it was made. Bomb the Bass - Bug Powder Dust.
I nominate @micra to go next!