Skip to content

Man of the Match - Bolton (H)

2»

Comments

• edited February 2023

I thought they were only split between the four Playoff teams in the semis and then only the two Finalists.

Due to the other teams being really big and us playing Sunderland in the Final we made around £700-800k from the games in total????

This is how it’s split if I’ve read the EFL rules correctly.

The four play-off clubs receive 12.5% each of the total gate receipts from the four games, the other 50% goes into the Pool Account and is paid out to the other League One clubs depending on their finishing position.

For the final each club receives 25% of gate receipts and the other 50% goes into the Pool Account.

TV money from all matches is paid to the EFL.

Basically, the competition belongs to the EFL and they distribute the revenue generated from the play-offs to the rest of League One.

The total gate for the four Playoff games was 99500, say 100000. Our share would be 12500 tickets at say £20 on average per ticket. So £250000.

The final was about 72000 and the average ticket price around £40. So 18000 tickets at £40 would equate to £720000.

Just under 1 Million for the three games less some costs, so 700-800k would be very realistic.

• I thought the play off monies were just split between the play off teams

• On the subject of play offs I was quietly amused by part of a thread on the Bolton fan site where they said that the result yesterday would make their play off semi-final harder now. With the sixteen games to go I am not sure if that is optimism or pessimism.