11. Vokes
        6.25%
    12. Hanlan
        6.25%
    13. De Barr (sub)
        3.13%

Comments

• Superb performances all round.

• I've gone Wing, but I really wanted to vote Max for his masterclass in piss-boiling

• I believe Max has had a red card or two earlier in his career. I was rather fearing another one today. But Collins looked equally culpable.

Fantastic team performance. Too good for Derby. But what a stressful last 10 minutes, doubly so with the stream frozen.

Wing for me. Finally living up to expectations.

• I have to give it to Scowen, I sometimes give it to someone else just to share things around but that was a fine performance even by his own high standards.

Wing has to come close, obviously...G-Mac was doing great things both offensively and defensively, Wheeler making a difference with his aerial presence, great finish from Vokes (and unlucky not to get a second), intelligent play and anticipation from JJ as ever, I could go on.

A very good day.

• Totally agree and there was an element in my vote of wanting to spread it around a bit but, without those two excellent goals……….

• Sentiment and the need to encourage a youngster just starting his Wycombe career did make me seriously consider Tjay (and good to see that a couple of people obviously felt similarly).

• PJSPJS
    edited February 2023

Need an option for the team? immense all round performance today

• From 1 to 11 they were all superb today, truly a greater than th esum of the parts performance; seems harsh to have to pick one of them.

Having said that Scowen was immense, Wing is living up to our expectaitons & scored 2 great goals, Vokes hopefully silenced his critics with a great performance & a goal, the defence were great especially Grimmer & JJ, but everyone gave their all for the team. This week I am going to give it Wing for the goals but frankly they all deserve it.

• Might have gone Max for the scrap, holding up them coming right back at us and picking things out of the air majestically but credit where due all round, GMac at times was outrageous, Vokes as effective as I've ever seen him, Wingy just oozing a bit of extra class on the ball, Scowen doing Scowen things, Grimmer not far behind recently, lots of others plugging away in roles they or we might not have picked. Thought TJ really got the role today, not just jumping into people and giving fouls away but defending from the front, pushing people where they aren't comfortable and cutting out options. The result is the star in this one tbh, Really good day for us.

• Do you think it's something GA has been working on with Tjay?

• Scowen first half outstanding and still very good in the second. Jacobson just about edged it for me. Calm and composed in a 3 to begin with, later transitioning into a back 2 with Grimmer. A true leader by example.

• edited February 2023

Scowen was unbelievable yet again......what a player

• i can’t make up my mind at the moment. As others have said it was a complete team performance (I was thinking at one stage ‘who on earth would you bring off?’

I want to give it to Scowen for his usual imperious performance plus the most outrageous pass to McCarthy in the first half, but…

G’Mac for 15 minutes second half was unplayable (and was good throughout)…

Hanlan was as good as I’ve seen him play…

Wing, well…

JJ (who apparently is past his best) was immense as a central defender against very good opponents.

• Undoubtedly, he probably needs to offer a bit more to be even a regular sub but he'll get opportunities in the next few months, if he wants to be the main threat and be left to do as he wants with a bit of freedom he has to either score a lot more goals or really develope his flick on target man game a la Vokes, possible neither are really the plan, if he plays like he did today he can offer a lot as a chaser and hassler in the Samuel role and be a massive pain in the arse for tired defences.

• Team performance of the season with Scowen being absolutely phenomenal.

• Contract expires this summer if I remember correctly so definitely needs to take his chances to get that renewal. Today will go a long way towards that.

• G Mac for me, great second half. Wing fantastic goals…

…but I can’t keep giving it to Scowen. Is there a better midfielder in this division?

• edited February 2023

Scowen is superb every week but he took it up another level today. What a player (praying he stays fit).

• Damn! Somebody vote for Hanlon!!!

• Everyone was fantastic today. Gave it to Scowen who was absolutely everywhere. But Vokes, McCarthy, JJ, Grimmer, Wing (of course), Wheeler, and many other were all exceptional. TJ's crunching tackle in stoppage time summed up the performance

• Scowen superb and Wheeler was everywhere.

• edited February 2023

Havnt voted yet, so havmt seen the scores ...

First half Vokes was immense, so going to go with him, then 2nd half 2 goals for Wing, surely it should be him....

But, I just have to go for Scowen... can I just say that if I was a female I'd throw myself at him and he could have my babies

• Scowen was just everywhere. Unbelievable performance. It is amazing how much better the team is with him in it.

The front three were awesome, Jacobson/Grimmer had another fantastic performance (was really concerned for them going in to the match).

Wing also brilliant.

• The correct answer here is everyone

• Hardest game of the season to pick just one player from. Gone JJ though but please, let's get Scowen and Wing signed up again for the next year or two, what a phenomenal pair. What a game.

• I resisted the urge to just throw a dart at the amazing lineup, and went with Sir Josh of Scowenshire.

• They were all excellent, and the tactics were spot on.

Man of the match for me is Ainsworth.

• Wing is signed up to 2024, but I think an extension is already in order!

• Scowen. I’ve emailed the people at the Oxford Dictionary to see if they can come up with some new adjectives for Josh as I’ve run out of words to describe him week in week out.