Skip to content

Ipswich Town (H) - Saturday 17th December 2022

Comments

• Thanks @Twizz and @Manboobs, I appreciate the support.

I have received the email informing me of the decision although that’s not how I found out and they certainly didn’t consult any of the STs I know in M prior to making it.

Reading it we have to pick another seat elsewhere although we have been offered a complimentary bring a friend ticket even if I didn’t want one .

I’m still pissed off due to the lack of prior consultation for long time ST holders but Wycombe is part of my DNA and I was here long before RC and god willing I’ll be here long after.

As to the vote, if it makes any difference I’ll still listen to the proposal fairly and vote for what I believe is the best interests of the club .

Although I hope Rob gets bumped down to cattle class on his next flight back and gets a complimentary packet of twiglets

• Basically it will turn several home games into away games in terms of vocal support

Might as well give the away team a goal start and be done with it.

I feel we are being punished for not turning up in sufficient numbers this season. Perhaps they need to look at why that is the case

Are there any other clubs in our league who would offer such a large percentage to away supporters ?

I think we are beginning to learn about where the regular supporters are in the pecking order now

• Our away record is better than our home record so maybe there is some method in their madness…

But, having trailed and accounted for the potential loss of the 4 blocks with no ST holders to away fans, which if we’d kept to would have been acceptable in my view, to go beyond that for two extra blocks - which we may have sold if we were playing well (ok so no prospect) or a post England World Cup winning bounce (ditto) is a little bit of a misstep and risks further alienating their regular customers*.

*FKA supporters

• How about selling 50 odd tickets for the Terrace to away fans? It might help liven up the dire atmosphere of late.

• Does any one remember a few seasons ago when Port Vale won promotion from League 2 and came to AP for the last game of the season. I seem to recall that they were given half of the main stand as well as the away end.

• I wonder how they'll segregate. I guess all home fans will have the endter the FA at the valley end, and they'll cover some seats with a net. Are there gates in the upper tier concourse?

• If giving the extra allocation to Ipswich encouraged the home terrace/main stand to make more noise it would help to create a cracking atmosphere.

Sadly I can't help but think our support is going to sound a little pathetic in comparison. We've not had much to cheer about at home games this season and I don't think this is going to help.

• I worry that this can't be done safely. We have struggled this season to get enough staff in to have all of the ground open and available to the fans and now we want to "cash in" in the expense of what? An extra £25,000? If this is the case, why hasn't Rob increased the price of their tickets by 10-20% and really maximise the profit?

Question: Are we offered more seating and ticket allocation when we go to visit these clubs? I don't think so.....

Also, what other clubs are we going to be doing this for? Portsmouth? Oxford? Sheffield Wednesday? Derby?

• The Play-off final was a prime example of this. We were simply outgunned and out-sung throughout that game

• Are there lifts at both ends of the FA? I hope this isn't going to inconvenience our less ambulant supporters.

• It’s upto the safety boards to deem whether it can be done safely. They seem to be very strict at AP so if they think it’s fine then i would suggest it probably is.

We don’t need them to offer us more seating because we don’t even sell out initial allocations at those grounds

• I assume they're in the process of installing a barrier at the front of the family stand, otherwise it certainly could get, as Rob says, 'exciting'.

• There is only a lift at one end of the stadium. My assumption is that disabled supporters who can walk somewhat and currently use the lift will still be able to enter as normal, take the lift and then walk past the boxes. They will then be faced with the stairs at the Woodlands to the main Frank Adams

• No only the one Lift Also as far as I know no means to segregate in the concourse. Not thought out well

• Please can we all calm down,so what if we get asked to move a few times for the benefit of the club.We got moved from block C and got tickets in block Q(better view and a friend for free).

It will be a better atmosphere and if the Wycombe play well on the day we will win,out sung or not.

• edited November 2022

The lift is accessable via the entrance to the box area, so behind the away stand, and then either walk along the corridor to the Woodlands or outside in front of the boxes.

It's only ever gone up one level so it's always been a case of walking up steps to the Frank Adams stand.

• edited November 2022

"Think about how much fun that game's going to be: a fully sold-out facility and everybody going at it - us against the some of the league leaders, demonstrating that's where we're supposed to be"

🤣

The use of the term 'facility' rather than 'stadium' is telling, too.

• Nothing more annoying or patronising than someone telling people having intelligent conversations about matters that concern them to “calm down”

• Out of interest, has the match day experience improved for you (I presume you’re a regular) and if not what ideas do you have to make improvements?

• I said I'm only really concerned with the football itself, so my experience fluctuates. But I know a lot of people - for whom the off-field stuff is a big part of their matchday - who think their experience has got worse.

• Why so picky? We all know that the UK and USA are divided by a common language and Rob has said many times that he’s not well versed in the vocabulary of English football. Does that justify mocking him?

• That's hardly "mocking".

• edited November 2022

It kind of was - of the "demonstrating that's where we're supposed to be" part. Does he not watch the games?

• edited November 2022

As for his use of "facility" to describe Adams Park, it's possible that I'm over-scrutinising, but I think it says a lot about his attitude to fans customers and moves like this will only become more common and wide-sweeping.

• Hang on hang on, weren't a few people moaning at those moaning about being moved from the Frank Adams for one game for the FA Cup?

Now they're moaning that people are being moved for Ipswich?

• No one was moved from the Frank Adams for the FA Cup game

• edited November 2022

Not technically, but they couldn't "sit with people they've spent years getting to know in their usual seats etc etc"