Skip to content

What's changed at Adams Park?

Comments

• I've had a ring round, but I'm not sure how many people on the one small Pacific island we've actually signed one with are willing and able to come and flip burgers at AP in two weeks time.

• What about those new pork markets?

• Wait until the Indian deal is signed @StrongestTeam . Although of course we will only be allowing in students and highly skilled workers.

• Always reminds me of that game Theme Park where people walked around with a number above their head showing how much they had spent and you could put extra salt on the chips to get people to buy more drinks.

Ever since Steve Hayes said that people bringing in their own sandwiches would bankrupt the club, it warms the heart to see someone pulling a corn beef home made effort or a flask of coffee out at half time.

• No one has yet answered the most important question. Did they have decent beer on offer?

• You can stop complaining about the catering now; they've cleaned some giant letters! https://twitter.com/wwfcofficial/status/1554186446566719488?t=e7O5byXd1sp-HeTX9zWRwQ&s=19

• I’m okay with that. If we’re going to have the name up there then let’s keep it clean and you can’t expect a volunteer to do it most of us are over aged and under insured.

• You know, I’ve been watching Wycombe Wanderers for 30 years, and I’ve never set foot in any of the toilets.

• Sweet Christ on a bike, you have a strong bladder!

• Haha - good point.

’Why can’t people go two hours without needing a slash / dump’?

• Ah but all @Gordon_Ottershaw says is that he hasn't set foot in the toilets not that he hasn't, err.... well!😉🙄😳🤣

• I know it’s not everyone’s fancy, but why not just sell pizza slices in the kiosks alongside fizzy drinks / water, crisps and chocolate?

I’ve seen smaller kitchens used to make these before. Keep simple and do cheese and tomato, vegetarian and pepperoni.

You’d need a couple of ovens, a food warmer, a fridge and some box fulls of chocolate.

• I assume you live very locally and don't ever drink anything within hours of going to the game, or drink at the ground?

Otherwise it's quite baffling not to have needed one pee in that time?!

• They can't get any staff. People will buy what they have now, they can barely get served.

• I would imagine the tea bars make very little profit and so the Couhigs consider them very low priority

• Surely being able to get a bottle of water inside the ground, like at literally any other league ground in the country, should be part of this much vaunted "best matchday experience in the league". I've been to non-league games at step 7 where I could get a bottle of water in the ground.

• The whole best matchday experience thing is getting a bit irritating when mentioned, as it quite clearly isn't. Good job the footballs so good to take the attention away from it

• edited August 2022

Is it not a legal requirement of venues like football grounds to at least provide tap water? I'm sure we could get some kind of refill thing going on.

• I was at a Belper Town friendly the other week. Crowd 200 or so, 4 people in the teabar, pie (from the local butcher and top notch) plus a huge tray of chips for £4.50. It's run by a local catering company, so I have to assume they are making a profit out of that too.

They even offered free mushy peas on my chips, but despite 20 years up here, I'm not getting involved in that nonsense.

• Is the "experience" being measured in any useful way, and is anyone challenging anything, you'd hope the trust maybe? Although I wonder if they are a bit too close. It's not realistic to expect the club media to do so .

Possibly also stuck in between sizes a bit too, big enough to need to be professional suppliers but maybe not big enough to pay for the staff or kit needed to do it well.

Tbh I had a great "experience" but the food and drink was all either off site or in the car park. Wasn't considering going to get anything at half time and I haven't for years

• I've always been happy to buy a coffee and have a pie (when there is no Funky Elephant of course) but a combination of increasing queues and increasing prices as put me in the 'eat before I go down' camp.

Not sure whether it is the club heading in a different direction or me. Probably the latter as there was plenty of hungry people Saturday. When we went to City last season I thought they nailed it. Rapid queue with a simple menu at an excellent price.

• I went out at half time looking for some chips or something for the girls as they only had crisps in the kiosk.

Seen a stall that were advertising 6 nuggets and a drink for £6.50 as nothing else was available I got them, I won't be going back as apparently they tasted like rubber.

• They put a poll on Twitter along the lines of "Rate you experience today out of 10" - overall rating seems to depend largely on how well we play so not sure how helpful it is to actually find out how people found the off pitch "experience".

Tom Kerridge actually mentioned Wycombe on a podcast a while back regarding his brief supply of pies. I paraphrase and may not get it exactly right but it was along the lines of the new owners coming in and being more interested in getting the best players and winning rather than the quality of the catering. Doesn't quite tally with all the external communications from the owners but the quality part defintiely stacks up.

• It seems to me that the Couhigs current actions on catering are aimed at eventually making Adams Park a food free zone. Strange, as Americans generally target food as a highlight of sports/ entertainment events.

• Shame, was a very nice Pie.

The off the field stuff should of course contribute to the budget overall and they should want to take everyone's money but seems like we are still falling a bit short on the organisation side.

I wouldn't say they haven't made any efforts or changes in this area but they don't seem to have nailed it at all, certainly not inside the stadium.

The fetch app was launched with much fanfare but not really backed with resource and then dropped quietly.

Think there's sometimes a reluctance to outsource entirely as you give up a high percentage of take and get locked in with suppliers who might not be much better.

• I'm sure we'd all rather have Sam Vokes than a wide selection of gourmet pies, but i'm not sure i believe we really can't have both.

• I admit I have no background in business or catering, but surely the enormous number of cafes and coffee shops dishing up acceptable beverages and foodstuffs (even if just pre-packaged and warmed over) would suggest it is not beyond the wit of a man who wants to improve customer experience to get something sorted.