Skip to content

Wembley pub allocation/ Wycombe pub entry

Comments

• @Onlooker said:
    It was good value at £120 a season but the hike to £120 a match makes British Gas look positively philanthropic.

That like comparing apples and pears. The new Woodlands Lounge has been a massive success, both in terms of enhanced fan experience (for those who want as close to Premier League hospitality that the club can manage) and club finances. ‘Sweating the assets’ is part of a financial sustainability imperative. With up to120 guests in the Lounge the atmosphere is great and worth trying out before taking a pop.

• They do

However having been sober for 30+ years now (almost half my life) I have realised that I do not like people who are tipsy and absolutely hate people who are drunk. So I avoid them as far as I can, especially people I do not know from Adam. I realise this makes me sort of anti-social but I am too bloody old to want to change now.

• @LX1 said:

@Erroll_Sims said:
    As a teetotal veggie I am planning to get some lunch around Marylebone/Baker St before I make my way to Wembley and shall be avoiding the pubs especially after the game irrespective of the result

They serve vegetarian meals and soft drinks in every pub now don't they?

Never been north of Watford, I take it?

• @Erroll_Sims said:
    They do

However having been sober for 30+ years now (almost half my life) I have realised that I do not like people who are tipsy and absolutely hate people who are drunk. So I avoid them as far as I can, especially people I do not know from Adam. I realise this makes me sort of anti-social but I am too bloody old to want to change now.

Fair enough

• @MindlessDrugHoover said:

@LX1 said:

@Erroll_Sims said:
    As a teetotal veggie I am planning to get some lunch around Marylebone/Baker St before I make my way to Wembley and shall be avoiding the pubs especially after the game irrespective of the result

They serve vegetarian meals and soft drinks in every pub now don't they?

Never been north of Watford, I take it?

Haha that's a bit regionalist! I live oop north and vegetarian options are available if required.

• "You will find your allotted entry time on your ticket, so please arrive at the stadium in good time to assist with our enhanced security protocols"

I thought this wasn't a thing anymore? Fuck being in the ground at 1:30.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    "You will find your allotted entry time on your ticket, so please arrive at the stadium in good time to assist with our enhanced security protocols"

There's no way they will actually enforce this. I wouldn't worry at all.

• edited May 2022

@Brownie said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    "You will find your allotted entry time on your ticket, so please arrive at the stadium in good time to assist with our enhanced security protocols"

There's no way they will actually enforce this. I wouldn't worry at all.

Yeah, especially as everyone's ticket seems to have the same 'entry time'

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I knew I had seen that somewhere...but could not remember where. But if they are telling us ALL to be in the ground at 1.30...sort of negates the plan doesn't it?

• They didn't enforce either the no drinking or entry time restrictions for the Euros. That turned out fine.

• Did they have a no drinking thing in the euros?

• @LX1 said:
    Did they have a no drinking thing in the euros?

I think this has been brought into force because of the Euros.

• The stupidly early entry times were there for the Euros and are entirely pointless other than snaring some tourists and day trippers into the stadium early enough that they have to spend more money on overpriced food/ drink

The no drinking zone is since the Euros and sounds like it was enforced for the FA cup final. Pubs stop serving an hour before as well

• edited May 2022

According to the Brent Council website the Public Space Protection Order, which prohibits alcohol consumption in other than designated spaces (pubs/fanzone) came into force 1st January 2020 and lasts 3 years.
    So technically it was in place for the Euros.

https://www.brent.gov.uk/nuisance-crime-and-community-safety/public-spaces-protection-orders

• Ok then, not enforced until now

• It seems a shame that they allocate different pubs to each set of fans. We are used to having no home or away fans pubs in Sunderland, away fans are welcome in every pub, which is as it should be

We will be having a couple in Bloomsbury , if there are any Wycombe fans around happy to have a pre match chat and wish each other good luck for next season which ever division our respective teams are next season. Not good luck for Saturday, you won’t want us to get lucky and we don’t want you to get lucky

So if you fancy a pint drop me a line

• The Euro2020 was more of a powdered affair

• No-one needs luck with quality officials and VAR @safc_in_peace ?

• @Wendoverman said:
    No-one needs luck with quality officials and VAR @safc_in_peace ?

I am thinking more of the goal scored after deflection off a defender when the ball was missing by 20 yards, or a back pass to to keeper, who has gone walk about.

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Wendoverman said:

I am thinking more of the goal scored after deflection off a defender when the ball was missing by 20 yards, or a back pass to to keeper, who has gone walk about.

Or the shot that's going wide then suddenly changes course and goes in thanks to a fortuitously positioned bobble ;)

• edited May 2022

I agree that it's a shame certain pubs and areas are given to particular fans, everyone should be allowed to go wherever they like, and if we all mingle and get on it would add to the atmosphere !

• @Safc_in_peace said:

@Wendoverman said:

If either of us are 4-0 up at the time it won't matter in the slightest. That's how "you make your own luck" works

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Safc_in_peace said:

@Wendoverman said:

Or the shot that's going wide then suddenly changes course and goes in thanks to a fortuitously positioned bobble ;)

Or as happen with us hitting a beachball thrown onto the pitch by a Liverpool fan and deflecting into the Liverpool goal for the only goal of he game!

• Updated pub allocations here - https://www.brent.gov.uk/eventdays

• There is a mistake there I think. Pretty certain the box park has been assigned to Sunderland

• @eric_plant said:
    There is a mistake there I think. Pretty certain the box park has been assigned to Sunderland

The Box Park website says Sunderland, and has sold out of pre-entry tickets - could be a few surprises for those heading there either way!

• It really is mad that all the pubs south of Wembley Stadium station are 'Sunderland', with those around Wembley Park 'Wycombe'

• @LX1 said:
    It really is mad that all the pubs south of Wembley Stadium station are 'Sunderland', with those around Wembley Park 'Wycombe'

I'm sure they're just trying to ensure a lively atmosphere

• I don't really know why the fan parks have to be separate to be honest. Sure, if you've got Utd v Liverpool in a cup final then I can understand it but I think it would have been nice to mix with the Mackems before the game