Skip to content

Man of the Match - MK

2»

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    Just watched the opening and Mackie’s dislike of Wycombe is all too obvious. Not a single word of praise, just bitter criticism.

Fair to say he doesn't warm to us throughout ?

• Another performance like that from Stocko and our back eight and we’re in with a chance!

But let’s hope for something more typical of our lads. A few are at an age when two days recovery are possibly not enough and I hadn’t realised that the four MK players on loan from Premier League clubs (plus Scott Twine) have an average age of 20. Men against boys indeed.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@glasshalffull said:
    Just watched the opening and Mackie’s dislike of Wycombe is all too obvious. Not a single word of praise, just bitter criticism.

I didn't realise what an indifferent career as a striker he's had. Never getting in to double figures for any League club he's played for. Between 27-34 years of age he only managed 22 goals in 200 appearances before he retired.

Not only that his last every game was against us and he never even got on the pitch, even when they were chasing the game for the last 15-20 mins. What a great memory he must have off Wembley and us.

• @micra said:
    Another performance like that from Stocko and our back eight and we’re in with a chance!

But let’s hope for something more typical of our lads. A few are at an age when two days recovery are possibly not enough and I hadn’t realised that the four MK players on loan from Premier League clubs (plus Scott Twine) have an average age of 20. Men against boys indeed.

It’s early for me. I should have said “…let’s hope for a performance from our lads more like the vast majority of recent performances “

• I can finally post again. Mackie was disgraceful and shouldn’t be a pundit on a Wycombe game ever again (and, in my opinion, he shouldn’t be anyway as he can barely string two words together and offers no insight whatsoever). He was outright aggressively negative about Wycombe throughout and it was so obvious it was bordering on uncomfortable - the coverage was lucky to have such a natural in Sam Saunders to smooth out the broadcast. One point in particular in the first leg was when Mackie kept saying repeatedly that our set pieces were not anything to praise, just very basic with no skill or planning involved.

My favourite moments of the match (not many as it was an arduous watch!) both involved JJ. THAT tackle and, as mentioned earlier, his interaction with the crowd when taking a corner were laugh out loud funny. The way he heard some abuse and with a cheeky smile pointed at himself in a ‘what me’ manner was very funny in itself, but then behind the lino’s back also pointing at him surreptitiously. Brilliant.

The game was one to forget mostly as we went to not lose by two goals and did not try to do anything else. Second half we defended as a team brilliantly and deserved to go through as in the first leg we battered them before and after the red card.

So onto Sunderland. We obviously have to play with the ball a lot better than today but I think we’ve got a chance. It’ll likely be a tight game with a huge attendance, can’t wait.

• @wwfcblue said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@glasshalffull said:

I didn't realise what an indifferent career as a striker he's had. Never getting in to double figures for any League club he's played for. Between 27-34 years of age he only managed 22 goals in 200 appearances before he retired.

Not only that his last every game was against us and he never even got on the pitch, even when they were chasing the game for the last 15-20 mins. What a great memory he must have off Wembley and us.

He's an absolutely baffling choice of pundit.

Fairly mediocre career, no particular personal charisma, and not even any political reasoning for him being there either.