Skip to content

Burton Away - Sold Out

Comments

• I was going to go with ‘some bloke on the Gasroom claimed it would never sell out’.

• @arnos_grove said:

I was going to go with ‘some bloke on the Gasroom claimed it would never sell out’.

What a muppet

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@arnos_grove said:

I was going to go with ‘some bloke on the Gasroom claimed it would never sell out’.

What a muppet

Kermit or Fozzie?

• edited April 2022
  • I was going to go with ‘some bloke on the Gasroom claimed it would never sell out’.

What a muppet

Kermit or Fozzie?

I was reading at the weekend about club announcers, one notable example was the announcer who plays the muppets theme tune whilst running through the opposition line up. Could work for certain teams next season (as long as it isn’t too loud of course)!

• Did I read the official WWFC twitter account correctly in that we can watch the game live on WWTV this Saturday. I mean from here in blighty rather than Vipienne?

• edited April 2022

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Did I read the official WWFC twitter account correctly in that we can watch the game live on WWTV this Saturday. I mean from here in blighty rather than Vipienne?

Yep! Unless Sky pick our game, which they won't.

• edited April 2022

I imagine they'll go with Gillingham - Rotherham unless Rotherham beat Sunderland tomorrow, in which case it'll be Morecambe - Sunderland.

• Yeah, Gills v Rotherham is possible tho I think Plymouth v MK is more likely, unless Rotherham beat Sunderland.
    I wondered if they might stream more than one game anyway in which case we might still be on there?

• edited April 2022

If Rotherham are 2nd by only a point then they'll go for that one - Gillingham will need something to stay up too. Have they ever shown multiple games on a final day before?

• Don’t know @ReturnToSenda but the kickoff times certainly make that a strong possibility.

• Just checked the Sky guide and they've got 'Live EFL:...' on two channels, so they must be showing two

• …..showing two on each channel?

• Wait, no, it'll probably just be the same game on both channels

• Someone needs to be on “StellingCam” in case there’s an “Unbelievable, Jeff” moment at Burton (I’m assuming Soccer Saturday extends on days like Saturday?)

• I'm not going to have enough screens...

• It would be interesting to see (if we had unlimited tickets at Burton) how many supporters we’d actually take? My guess is for a 12.30 kick-off it would be around 2,500. If it were 3pm probably nearer 3,000.

• Like all other massive clubs I wonder how many Chairfolk who couldn’t get an away end ticket will be in with the Brewers? My brother-in-law for one, he is practicing sitting on his hands as I type.

• @ReturnToSenda I think they're just showing one game (on the 'Football' channel). I was hoping they might stream others on their red button but that facility looks to be limited to Championship games. Maybe next time.....

• I remember Bristol Rovers away at Twerton Park in the fa cup in the early 90's. They only would give Wanderers 1200 or so tickets.
    A large group of chair folk bought tickets down the side in the Rovers section. They then made there way to where the segregation started.
    Police soon realised and calmly walked them into the Wycombe end.
    A win for all concerned.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Like all other massive clubs I wonder how many Chairfolk who couldn’t get an away end ticket will be in with the Brewers? My brother-in-law for one, he is practicing sitting on his hands as I type.

Exactly this. Simply go in the home end and keep it sensible.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Like all other massive clubs I wonder how many Chairfolk who couldn’t get an away end ticket will be in with the Brewers? My brother-in-law for one, he is practicing sitting on his hands as I type.

Quite a few Chairfolk in the home areas at Plough Lane, including myself.

I even registered with the Brewers back in January, just in case I could not get an away ticket.

• Fastidious planning, very impressive

• There were a few Wycombe supporters in the home end last game away at Northampton in the Alfie Mawson season.

• @Chris said:
    There were a few Wycombe supporters in the home end last game away at Northampton in the Alfie Mawson season.

And quite a few on the hill!

• ...But unfortunately in the wrong end to see Alfie himself score the injury time winner...

I remember some guy near me being furious with Mawson for scoring, because it would mean playing Plymouth rather than Stevenage.

• edited April 2022

@LeedsBlue said:
    ...But unfortunately in the wrong end to see Alfie himself score the injury time winner...

I remember some guy near me being furious with Mawson for scoring, because it would mean playing Plymouth rather than Stevenage.

Ah yes, I remember being slightly disappointed in that too as it was a dead rubber goal, but just one that meant a longer distance away game. But more importantly one that clashed with something I had on.

However who would have missed smashing Plymouth as a memory.
    Everything is gonna be awwwright..

• Returns? Or have Burton squeezed us another block or something?