Skip to content

Burton Away - Sold Out

If you are planning on staying overnight then very little accommodation left in Burton upon Trent. You could always stay 10 miles up the A38 in Derby ?

Comments

• Sold out.. so glad I didn't just assume leaving it until Sunday would be fine as per first plan!

• Great hotel options on Pride Park. Handy for the station, usually v cheap and you can have a laugh getting your photo taken with the ‘save Derby County’ flag, that hangs outside their abandoned coffee shop.

Also, for Better Call Saul fans, there is a branch of Cinnabon. Plus a Greggs.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Great hotel options on Pride Park. Handy for the station, usually v cheap and you can have a laugh getting your photo taken with the ‘save Derby County’ flag, that hangs outside their abandoned coffee shop.

Also, for Better Call Saul fans, there is a branch of Cinnabon. Plus a Greggs.

Can they guarantee they'll still be open next week,? Best to not pay in advance

• Is that it or is there any chance the club can claim some more tickets?

• Given that the official capacity is 6.9k and record attendance is 6.7k I’d say it’s very unlikely we’ll get more tickets

• Yep, 1650 out of lower than 7000 capacity is already generous

• Very well done everyone. It’s got all the makings of an all time away day.

• @ReturnToSenda you reckoned this wouldn't sell out didn't you? :D

• @Malone said:
    @ReturnToSenda you reckoned this wouldn't sell out didn't you? :D

?

• I've lost track is it a must win game?

• It is certainly potentially a must-win game

Might not be though

• @Wendoverman said:
    I've lost track is it a must win game?

Strictly speaking, we just don't know yet. Ask again about 2:35pm Saturday.

• Imagine if Sheff Wed draw and Sunderland lose midweek and there's four teams on 80.

Could be a mad goal fest needed.

• Just to confirm there will be an inflatable alien making an appearance in the terrace at Burton! As well as a kangaroo, beach ball and of course a guitar for the rock and roll football!

• Ah did anyone pick it up at the end? Wasn’t mine btw!

• @username123 said:
    Ah did anyone pick it up at the end? Wasn’t mine btw!

Apparently it was at Hillsborough in 2012!

• Burton’s away allocation of 1,650 out of a 7,000 capacity is very good. However, the total attendance will still only be 4-5,000 so I’m sure if Burton could sell another 1,000 tickets to Wycombe they’d bite your hand off!

• Burtons last home game attracted 3537 against Rotherham with 1650 Millers in attendance.

A distinct possibility we may have around half the attendance on Saturday or even more than half if we get allocated more tickets.

• Hope they make us feel at home. I’m sure our fans will make a helluva lot of noise - possibly even more than last Saturday. A chant of “you’re only here for the Wycombe” might be appropriate.

• Had a look at the Burton ticketing website (obviously not looking to buy tickets in the home end...) and there are no tickets available in 5 of the 6 blocks of the South Stand. Either they are totally sold out (unlikely??) or maybe they are holding some back to release to us?

• @FmG said:
    Had a look at the Burton ticketing website (obviously not looking to buy tickets in the home end...) and there are no tickets available in 5 of the 6 blocks of the South Stand. Either they are totally sold out (unlikely??) or maybe they are holding some back to release to us?

Or is it the gap for segregation?

• Anybody still looking for a hotel in Derby? When I'm over I stay in either the Aston Court Hotel which is opposite the Station or in the Stuart which is about 500 yards from the Station on Lond. Train to Burton takes 12 minutes

• I sat in that stand for a previous match, not really segregated at all, other than the gangway between our block and the next one.

• Anybody still looking for a hotel in Derby? When I'm over I stay in either the Aston Court Hotel which is opposite the Station or in the Stuart which is about 500 yards from the Station on London Road. Train to Burton takes 12 minutes. 15 minute walk to the ground with some good pubs on the way. New Inn very good for real ale.

• Correction.... mixing my pubs up (been away since '84). The Derby Inn. If you've got time pre match there's the Roebuck, Devonshire and Cooper's Tavern all within 3 minutes of Burton station. Turn right when you leave Burton Station, to get to the ground it's left out of the station.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@FmG said:
    Had a look at the Burton ticketing website (obviously not looking to buy tickets in the home end...) and there are no tickets available in 5 of the 6 blocks of the South Stand. Either they are totally sold out (unlikely??) or maybe they are holding some back to release to us?

That stand runs down the full lenght of the pitch - we have 1 block at one end, then the block right at the other end is the one being sold to home fans. 5 empty blocks along the side of the pitch would be some seriously risk adverse policing if it is for segrigation!

• Guess the other blocks are probably sold out - most clubs have higher attendances at their last home game, even if they haven't got anything much to play for.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@FmG said:

5 block segregation!? :D

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@FmG said:

5 block segregation!? :D

Maybe they think we're Millwall