Skip to content

Burton (a) on sale to STHs

https://www.wwfc.com/news/2022/april/08/tickets--burton-albion--a--30-04-22/

1650 tickets available. What's the £1.50 additional charge for?

Comments

• Postage and packing

• It's an online ticket though isn't it?

• All tickets, purchased online or via phone, will be posted out to supporters to the address registered on the account.

• @LX1 said:
    It's an online ticket though isn't it?

Just to be absolutely clear - this game isnt online ticket unfortunately. Away tickets are more difficult - you are dependant on the home/away agreeing to it and it wasn't possible for this. It will still be Burton's physical tickets but supporters can choose their seats on a stadium map and will be posted to them. Next stage of our trials!

• Thought it was a terrace at Burton?

• @LX1 said:
    It's an online ticket though isn't it?

I believe that the Wimbledon game is the first time an away game has allowed us to do it online.

• @peterparrotface said:
    Thought it was a terrace at Burton?

Mainly, but a few hundred seats as well.

• Thanks @btg93

• @NewburyWanderer said:

@peterparrotface said:
    Thought it was a terrace at Burton?

Mainly, but a few hundred seats as well.

Cheers @NewburyWanderer

• 350 seats, 1300 standing.

• Average attendence there this year so far is close to 3000. Might be around one Wycombe fan for every Burton fan. Hope so.

Ground capacity is 6912.

• @railwaysteve said:
    Average attendence there this year so far is close to 3000. Might be around one Wycombe fan for every Burton fan. Hope so.

Ground capacity is 6912.

1,650 did sound a generous allowance out of that capacity. But sounds like plenty of incognito room if we do sell out and want to take more.

• We won't sell it out, not with it being a 12:30 kick-off

• If playoffs are up for grabs, and the Bayo last game factor, you never know.

• edited April 2022

@Malone said:
    If playoffs are up for grabs, and the Bayo last game factor, you never know.

You mean if it's a must-win game?

• Overlooked the Bayo factor actually. I'm sure we'll take 1,000+, but selling the lot would be seriously impressive!

• I remember being surprised there was room at Torquay for that ultimate ‘must win game’ but we are in a very different place now and Burton is about half the travel time. Should sell out imo.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    We won't sell it out, not with it being a 12:30 kick-off

We’ll definitely sell out if we’re in play off contention.

• edited April 2022

Anyone any idea what our record away crowd is? For a league game.

• How many did we take to Lincoln in 1999? 2500ish? That terrace was jammed.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    I remember being surprised there was room at Torquay for that ultimate ‘must win game’ but we are in a very different place now and Burton is about half the travel time. Should sell out imo.

In fairness, that is one heck of a trip. Especially after that utterly soul destroying end to the Rovers game.
    I'm sure a lot of us who went, saw it as some sort of appreciate being a league team while we still were type sign off.

• Imagine being an exiled fan like @floyd or @shev and learning that Burton hadn't sold out

• @ReturnToSenda said:

I've a feeling it's one of the Reading games

• 2,711 in 2001/2002 season

• @eric_plant said:
    2,711 in 2001/2002 season

Orange Day :)

• edited April 2022

WWFC Football League away attendances over 2000...

2711 @ Reading 01/02
    2643 @ Lincoln 98/99 (got that 'exact' figure from Hutch off Ringing the Blues)
    2600 @ Oxford 94/95
    2311 @ Oxford 95/96
    2298 @ QPR 01/02
    2295 @ Reading 00/01
    2200 @ Brentford 94/95
    2000/2500 @ Northampton 93/94 (estimates)
    2000 @ Carlisle 93/94 (estimate)

• Re the Burton game, looks like there are only 60 seats left out of the allocation of 388, so any STHs who are thinking of sitting and haven't booked their seat, might be wise to do so. At that rate, might not be many (or any) left to go on general sale.

• @LX1 said:
    Imagine being an exiled fan like @floyd or @shev and learning that Burton hadn't sold out

This is why I generally avoid the VPN thread on Saturday mornings.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

Record low by the way was 58 when we lost at Tranmere 30 September 2003 - the night Sanchez was sacked.