Skip to content

Man of the Match - Cambridge

2»

Comments

• Horgan is easily our best off the ball player.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Horgan for me, he is one of the unsung heroes. His movement off the ball drags defenders all over the place, go with him and it clears a space for someone else, don't and you leave him free to receive the ball in a dangerous area. Lose, lose!

Horgs is an acquired taste, but I love him - he's clearly a really talented footballer, but doesn't always impact the game as he could/should. I agree with you 100% on his strengths, a very unselfish player, and has the passing ability to really switch play quickly and effectively. Would love to see him score more - has little luck in front of goal.

• He's also remarkably good in the press. Always one of the first on the scene to defend from the front.

Let's not forget our two best spells of the season have come with Horgan playing nearly every game in some form of a '10' role: The beginning run of the season & the last 6-7 games.

• edited April 2022

Vokes has elevated himself into second in total MOTM votes this season, having been around 11th just 13 games ago.

1. Scowen: 322
    2. Vokes: 223
    3. Hanlan: 203
    4. McLeary 194
    5. Jacobson: 183
    6. Mehmeti: 174
    7. Tafazolli: 162
    8. Stewart: 153
    9. Stockdale: 147
    10. Thompson: 135
  • In the true Wycombe spirit surely the table needs PPG factored in? Moves Thomo up the rankings.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    In the true Wycombe spirit surely the table needs PPG factored in? Moves Thomo up the rankings.

Pendlebury would be our player of the season on PPG, purely based on that performance v Cheltenham. Barely seen since

• @WanderingDays said:

@perfidious_albion said:
    In the true Wycombe spirit surely the table needs PPG factored in? Moves Thomo up the rankings.

Pendlebury would be our player of the season on PPG, purely based on that performance v Cheltenham. Barely seen since

I think Forino might just pip him.

• @WanderingDays said:

@perfidious_albion said:

Or would Mustard get it given he’s been left on the shelf since our up turn in form?

• @perfidious_albion said:

I do have that stat - votes per start. Either Forino or Bayo leads (on the road so can't check), but on a minimum start threshold of 15, Scowen leads, as he does every category now.

• I'll probably publish the full lists for each stat at the end of the season, in case anyone does not have some paint handy to watch dry.