Skip to content

Man of the Match - Cambridge

Who get's it?

Poll not found

Comments

• Wait for the game to finish son! But so many contenders tonight!

• Sorry Pa!

• Anis, despite the late miss, set the tone today. But I've absolutely robbed McCleary, and Vokes wasn't bad, and Forino, McCarthy......

• I've gone for Wing but literally whoever wins it, you can't argue

• Shame about their goal but I went for Mehmeti for an excellent performance. But any of the eleven could have had it! What a great time to gell...and Hanlan did not even get on. Good times!

• Hardest pick of the season, every player superb. I was erring toward Scowen who I thought had his best game yet, and that’s a high bar to clear. But, McCleary in the second half was so unbelievably sublime that he got it in the end.

Absolutely fantastic performance. Would want to watch that every week.

• I went for Vokes, as there was a several way tie for me, so for no better reason than (amazingly) I don't think I've ever given him a MotM, he gets it. Again, a ton of fine showings though.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • I’m surprised at how few players the votes are concentrated on so far. Was expecting them to be much more spread out. Scowen hasn’t even got one yet!

• Vokes for me but could have been Anis, Josh or Gareth M. Brilliant performances all round

• @drcongo said:
      I’m surprised at how few players the votes are concentrated on so far. Was expecting them to be much more spread out. Scowen hasn’t even got one yet!

I could have very easily gone that way but I've given him the award a few times of late. Still trying to fathom how SAFC could think he's crap though...

• Mehmeti. We are so lucky to have him.

• Mehmeti for me. gave it everything and I think his spark gets the whole team going. So many contenders tonight though. I was going vokes.... But I changed my mind based on mehmeti's pure class and enthusiasm

• @drcongo said:
      I’m surprised at how few players the votes are concentrated on so far. Was expecting them to be much more spread out. Scowen hasn’t even got one yet!

Got to go with an attacker after that goalfest

• Vokes, Memetti, Wing, McCleary, Horgan, Scowan were all absolute class, McCarthy, JJ & Taff managed to look so calm defensively as well as the former making superb runs down the right & JJ getting some great crosses in; Forino grew into the game and Stocko had very little to do other than look furious about their goal. So hard to pick any one of them over the others.

But in the end I went for Wing as it was his best game so far

• Superb all round tonight but Vokes for me - unplayable up front

• I thought Taf was excellent too. Won everything in the air and marshalled Forino well. One point in the second half he won five headers from crosses in 60 seconds!

Wing was superb in midfield and had his best game for us.

So many others to mention going forward but I’m going for Wing.

• Vokes for me. He could have scored 4 tonight with a bit more luck on his side. He gets better and better every week.

• Mehmessi very narrowly over big Sam (see how Sam has finally won me over).

• Went in a local pub afterwards and all the Cambridge fans were gushing over Vokes

• I regret not voting for Vokes him now. I assumed from comments that Mehmessi was in the lead and I wanted to nudge him towards the winning post.

• Vokes was beyond belief. You could make a YouTube compilation of the best league 1 first touches of the season and only include Vokes' performance today. Exquisite.

The rest of the team were all outstanding. Every single player made big contributions and it genuinely could've been six or seven. Brilliant.

• McLeary for me, he is so good in our team, best by far along with Vokes.

• Excellent performance and goal, as it was from McCleary, I still think he's playing below his form at the start of the season. Going to be awesome once he's finally played himself back into form.

• @micra said:
      I regret not voting for Vokes him now. I assumed from comments that Mehmessi was in the lead and I wanted to nudge him towards the winning post.

“Vokes him now” ? Tut tut.

• Those six players with votes must be amongst the very best in League 1. All goalscorers and they are gelling brilliantly. The defence isn’t bad either.

• Everyone contributed to that superb performance but my vote went to Vokes. He’s a class act, great first touch, lethal finisher with his head or his feet, strong with his back to goal and works so hard for the team.
      We are fortunate to have a player of his calibre.

• Glad to see Bayo got a vote, he was fantastic when he came on.

• He certainly attracts the crowds - on the pitch, I mean.
      I think they say three’s a crowd.

• Horgan for me, he is one of the unsung heroes. His movement off the ball drags defenders all over the place, go with him and it clears a space for someone else, don't and you leave him free to receive the ball in a dangerous area. Lose, lose!