Skip to content

Darius Charles named as AFC Wimbledon Caretaker Manager

2»

Comments

• Darius Charles.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Darius Charles.

I'm with you. What an awful piece of thread derailment. I assumed the natural conclusion was that Darius should be in the England squad.

• Managing the England squad.

• I quite happily booed John Terry when he played in a PSF at Adams Park many moons ago.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    I quite happily booed John Terry when he played in a PSF at Adams Park many moons ago.

Nothing wrong with that

• @YorkExile said:

@arnos_grove said:
    Darius Charles.

I'm with you. What an awful piece of thread derailment. I assumed the natural conclusion was that Darius should be in the England squad.

Absolutely awful and my apologies to Darius. In joining in the discussion yesterday evening I hadn’t realised that I was on ‘his’ thread. I blame the cat! ?

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    I quite happily booed John Terry when he played in a PSF at Adams Park many moons ago.

PSF!

Are there any words in the English language that people won't abbreviate just to save typing a few more letters. IBA (it's bl**dy annoying).

Congratulation to Darius Charles, we know he'll have the motivational skills to galvanise the players. Let's hope he can guide them to safety, even though I hope for a WWFC victory on 18th

• Looking at the fixtures...a loss to us would not ruin their chances.

• Thanks to whoever cancelled out the down thumb which, although a matter of supreme indifference (he lied), is inexplicable in relation to a comment which I thought would have been seen in a positive light. Unless of course the cat is even more sensitive than I thought.

• Did you work it out @Twizz ? I’m bursting with pride at finally having done so!

• @micra said:
    Thanks to whoever cancelled out the down thumb which, although a matter of supreme indifference (he lied), is inexplicable in relation to a comment which I thought would have been seen in a positive light. Unless of course the cat is even more sensitive than I thought.

??????

• I'm hoping Neil Harris can spur the Gills on to a win against Sunderland as well before losing to us of course.

• Apparently they've appointed Mark Bowen til the end of the season and Darius did about 24 hours. Next time maybe.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Apparently they've appointed Mark Bowen til the end of the season and Darius did about 24 hours. Next time maybe.

It was all over before it even vegan!

• Man come into job, man go.

• Gaz had two bites at OPR didn’t he. Maybe there is another shout for Darius going forward. I hope the Bowen broom and the team he is bringing with him doesn’t sweep Darius out.

• @micra said:
    Did you work it out @Twizz ? I’m bursting with pride at finally having done so!

Yes, @micra athough I really wanted to say CBA!

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Apparently they've appointed Mark Bowen til the end of the season and Darius did about 24 hours. Next time maybe.

At least Darius can say he's undefeated in his managerial career.

• Can’t be arsed with pre-season friendlies?

• @Twizz said:

@StrongestTeam said:

At least Darius can say he's undefeated in his managerial career.

True. A managerial style that kept the opponents from playing how they would like to.

• He should still whack it on his CV, though.

• So strange that they even went to the effort of releasing a statement to "appoint" DC. Bowen must have been in the pipeline at the time, surely?! Looks a little humiliating for Darius - unless it's a bit of publicity to state that he wants to become a manager?

If they go down, Bowen won't stay and Charles will be in.

• Is this the shortest ever managerial career? I doubt he even got into the office.

• Leroy Rosenior lasted about half an hour at Torquay once!