Skip to content

Scott Young

2»

Comments

• @YorkExile said:
    Tomas Brolin up top

Many years ago I was picture editor for a Leeds guide book which meant I got to write the captions on photos. One of the photos was of a giant Leeds United shirt covering half the pitch at Elland Road which I captioned "Tomas Brolin's shirt unveiled at Elland Road". I reckon about a 3rd of my captions were completely made up.

• Iain Hesford the ex Fulham keeper carried some timber.

• I'm not sure there's any beating former Sheffield United, Chelsea and Bradford goalkeeper William 'Fatty' Foulke

• Did Les Reed ever play for the first team?

• @Cyclops said:
    @our_frank said:

ha ha! Very good. I was just thinking of the well-built players of yesteryear: Frannie Lee, Terry Venables, John Robertson, Paul Gascoigne, Larry Lloyd. Can we come up with an XI?

I'd nominate William Foulke, one time Sheffield United goalkeeper. @micra might remember watching him play...

Just caught up with this, @Cyclops. I knew Foulke just by his nickname (derivation - an eke (also) name). We used to call him Fatty (a euphemism for the more recent and less succinct ‘you fat bastard’.

• Whoops, didn't read the previous page!

• @peterparrotface said:
    Did Les Reed ever play for the first team?

He made 16 league appearences in the 78/79 season.
    And 4 in the B&B including the cup final replay victory over Hungerford.

• Micky Quinn (Coventry City).

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Whoops, didn't read the previous page!

But Fatty’s on the same page. Do pages differ between devices? And I don’t mean the one in Wiltshire.