Skip to content

Lift to and from ap on Saturday

2»

Comments

• For the record, the bus suggestion was in good faith and a perfectly reasonable thing to say I thought.

• @drcongo said:
    For the record, the bus suggestion was in good faith and a perfectly reasonable thing to say I thought.

Fair enough, but I think honestly if most people read the thread back and understand the guy was genuinely after a ‘lift’ if possible, and politely asked, then they would think most people who posted sounded like tossers.

• Have you been on the beers username? You seem particularly obnoxious across a few threads tonight.

• You are well off the mark there @username123, I actually suggested the bus as I sincerely thought that the suggestion may well be helpful.
    Maybe some people fail to see the good in this world in our days.

• @username123 said:

@YorkExile said:

@username123 said:
    Gary regularly watches Wycombe for the record

I'm curious as to how you know this given that your previous comment on this thread consisted entirely of hypotheticals about Gary.

I know him. I know his approx age. I know his family. I see him at football. He’s known by many who work at WWFC. Was even a Wycombe Wanderers Twitter post about a member of his family lately. I don’t believe I need to give out all details of his life on the internet.

Could you not give him a lift?

• @drcongo said:
    I suspect he may actually have returned and promptly decided he'd rather walk.

Silly question (and I doubt whether anyone really cares) but is it possible for someone to view a thread without it being registered as a visit?

• @Wendoverman said:

@username123 said:

@YorkExile said:

@username123 said:
    Gary regularly watches Wycombe for the record

I'm curious as to how you know this given that your previous comment on this thread consisted entirely of hypotheticals about Gary.

I know him. I know his approx age. I know his family. I see him at football. He’s known by many who work at WWFC. Was even a Wycombe Wanderers Twitter post about a member of his family lately. I don’t believe I need to give out all details of his life on the internet.

Could you not give him a lift?

Not really as I live in High Wycombe.

• This thread is a wonderful case study

• Given that the OP only seems to have made the one post and then never seemingly returned to check whether anyone responded I doubt that they are too concerned about anything anyone has said on this thread.

• Gary's been too busy checking the bus timetable to visit

• I believe it is possible to read all of the posts on this forum without logging in, so Gary could have monitored responses frequently with no record that they did.

• @micra said:

@drcongo said:
    I suspect he may actually have returned and promptly decided he'd rather walk.

Silly question (and I doubt whether anyone really cares) but is it possible for someone to view a thread without it being registered as a visit?

Thanks @Uncle_T . At last I feel I can step down from the @LX1 consulting couch.

• edited March 2022

@Uncle_T said:
    I believe it is possible to read all of the posts on this forum without logging in, so Gary could have monitored responses frequently with no record that they did.

Exactly that. I can't believe some of the responses on here

• @HolmerBlue said:

@Uncle_T said:
    I believe it is possible to read all of the posts on this forum without logging in, so Gary could have monitored responses frequently with no record that they did.

Exactly that. I can't believe some of the responses on here

I feel ashamed.

• @Malone said:
    Have you been on the beers username? You seem particularly obnoxious across a few threads tonight.

Apologies @Malone , shite weekend. Peace and love.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    You are well off the mark there @username123, I actually suggested the bus as I sincerely thought that the suggestion may well be helpful.
    Maybe some people fail to see the good in this world in our days.

Apologies @Blue_since_1990 , as above, peace and love.

• @username123 said:

@Malone said:
    Have you been on the beers username? You seem particularly obnoxious across a few threads tonight.

Apologies @Malone , shite weekend. Peace and love.

Fair play old son. All the best.