Skip to content

Lift to and from ap on Saturday

Hi my name is gary stratford i live in North watford and need a lift for Rotherham game on Saturday can anyone help please

Comments

• Did you know that you can catch a bus from Watford to Wycombe Gary?

• There may be very good reasons why Gary is unable to use the bus.

• Could well be but just checking he knows it exists.

• What a curious thread.

• In fairness is there not an entire thread dedicated to people who are looking to lift share? Perhaps Gary likes travelling in a car and doesn’t like travelling on buses and his car is out of action this particular weekend.

• @username123 said:
    In fairness is there not an entire thread dedicated to people who are looking to lift share? Perhaps Gary likes travelling in a car and doesn’t like travelling on buses and his car is out of action this particular weekend.

Why that justifiably gets a thumbs up and my perfectly reasonable similar suggestion (without attempting to suggest specific reasons why the bus might not be an option) gets thumbs down is disappointing but not particularly surprising.

I think Gary is probably quite a young man and I remember how desperate I used to be in my younger days to get to matches, regrettably in hindsight sometimes without sufficient consideration for family responsibilities. As @username123 says there used to be a dedicated thread for people to offer lifts and several people (including inter alia @ValleyWanderer and @EwanHoosaami) were generous in their responses. Of course Watford being the start point reduces the chances of offers but I hope @gary3stratford gets one.

PS having just checked and discovered that Gary hasn’t paid a single visit to the Gasroom since Monday, as @Malone says, a curious thread!

• Definitely curious for a range of reasons @micra.

Firstly, no context given at all. Is Gary a regular, and his usual arrangement has broken down for this one game?
    Is he a new fan, just on the off chance wondering if someone does a very similar journey to him?

Could 1990's first response be taken every so sarcastically? Or was it well meant?

We need more data here innits.

• It was certainly well meant @Malone.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    It was certainly well meant @Malone.

Fair does, that's one question answered :)

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Did you know that you can catch a bus from Watford to Wycombe Gary?

You can't actually get one back though after a game. I think the last one back is about 5pm.

• Perhaps he supports Rotherham.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:

You can't actually get one back though after a game. I think the last one back is about 5pm.

Did wonder about this slight omission in the logic.
    Bus back to Wycombe station after the game - possibly just about.
    Nice convenient bus all the way back to Watford 10.30pm on? Maybe not?

• @floyd said:
    Perhaps he supports Rotherham.

You're just adding to the set of questions regarding this thread.

Like is there already a gary1stratford and gary2stratford on the gasroom?

• @Malone said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@Blue_since_1990 said:

Did wonder about this slight omission in the logic.
    Bus back to Wycombe station after the game - possibly just about.
    Nice convenient bus all the way back to Watford 10.30pm on? Maybe not?

You'd miss 20 goals a season getting that bus back.

• Bus to Amersham. Metropolitan line to Watford via Chorleywood. And there is a station at North Watford. Gary is probably all sorted by now one way or another.

• Chorleywood's not going to help you. Need to get to Moor Park and change.

Absolute pain in the arse all that though. Hopefully someone will be able to step forward and give Gazza a lift.

• @eric_plant said:
    Chorleywood's not going to help you. Need to get to Moor Park and change.

Absolute pain in the arse all that though. Hopefully someone will be able to step forward and give Gazza a lift.

It is, and the bus from the ground driving past the bus station to go to the train station is like a last insult.

• I mentioned that route as a last resort. Depends on how keen one is.

• Still no resolution to this thread i see. Quickly becoming the biggest mystery on the internet.

• Mr Stratford has clearly gone to ground. Trouble is it’s not Adams Park.

• Ha ha. Good one @micra

• Gary regularly watches Wycombe for the record

• @username123 said:
    Gary regularly watches Wycombe for the record

But not for updates on his gasroom thread.

• I'm sure when he does return he'll be thrilled with the kind responses to his request

• I suspect he may actually have returned and promptly decided he'd rather walk.

• @username123 said:

I'm curious as to how you know this given that your previous comment on this thread consisted entirely of hypotheticals about Gary.

• Hypothetical Gary sounds like a spoof psych album

• I wonder if @gary3stratford made it?

• @arnos_grove said:

@username123 said:

But not for updates on his gasroom thread.

Probably thought ‘fuck this’ after he politely introduced himself (how many people on here give out their real name and location?) and asked for a lift from Watford and was told you could always get a bus. I reckon if he wanted a bus he would not have asked for a lift.

• edited March 2022

@YorkExile said:

@username123 said:

I'm curious as to how you know this given that your previous comment on this thread consisted entirely of hypotheticals about Gary.

I know him. I know his approx age. I know his family. I see him at football. He’s known by many who work at WWFC. Was even a Wycombe Wanderers Twitter post about a member of his family lately. I don’t believe I need to give out all details of his life on the internet.