Skip to content

Scott Brown

Comments

• @PrinceOfCrowell said:
    I found him and Allsop so frustrating with penalties - they both seemed to dive so early that the striker just easily slotted it the other side.

Don’t think I saw either of them save one.

Compare that to Taylor or Bull who held their ground till the last minute and seemed to save far more.

Are you sure about Taylor saving far more penalties. Outside of Wimbledon away and Preston in 97 I don't recall him saving many.

• I remember Taylor saving one against Northampton at home... Saved it with his leg, the ball span over the terrace.

• 2 things. 1) Mike England - played for Wales. 2) St Wolfgang - beautiful place.

If we ever have a thread (maybe over the summer) of famous Wolfgangs, I’d like to throw in my first ever Wolfgang, Mr Overath of West Germany. Played his entire career for Cologne, I believe. Maybe a strange player for a young patriotic English kid to idolise, but as a junior trying to become a left sided midfielder, he stood out even amongst the Brazilians in 70 and those Dutch superstars in 74.

• You would think Wolf would be the first name and Wolfgang the family name, right?

• He was the first choice keeper throughout the entire League Two promotion winning campaign of 17/18! Baffled some people can barely seem to remember him.

• I hope that list includes Mark De Man

• Ah yes, Norman Conquest (and Mark De Man) came up the other week on A Question of Sport (which seems terrible now but was on in the background)

• @OxfordBlue said:
    He was the first choice keeper throughout the entire League Two promotion winning campaign of 17/18! Baffled some people can barely seem to remember him.

Not to mention he wore the Yellow Submarine psychedelic kit all season!

Our last three goalkeepers present an interesting study in personalities. Though Stockdale is the best (on top form anyway), I always feel Allsop has suffered to some degree for having a phlegmatic personality. Rocky made some jaw dropping saves, though we all know he and Scott Brown had issues with coming off their line/commanding the box.

My favourite random thought about Brown and Rocky is that they really should have both scored in successive seasons, with Brown only denied v Stevenage by a crazy goal line clearance (and it may have been over the line) while Rocky should have buried that volley (or half volley) from the corner away to Coventry.

• There were even Stevenage fans saying that one had gone over the line! Coldest away game I've ever been to.

• edited March 2022

It was bitter, wasn't it! I remember Alex Samuel had a great game for them playing wide right and being glad when they took him off in the second half.

• Alex Samuel looked great for Stevenage, I remember that

• Reading the Derby forum though they all seem to praise Allsop for commanding his area.

• @Malone said:
    I know he had a long spell with Cheltenham, but didn't he actually live another 30 or more miles up the country from there?

Think it emerged he was driving 100-120miles each way every morning.
    That is an effort in a physical job!

Yes he used to drive down very early getting to the training ground around 5.00am and sleep in his car for a couple of hours before anyone else turned up. That’s what made him move to port vale as much closer to home.

• edited March 2022

A real combative aggressive midfielder, just what we're looking for. Released by Aberdeen so we should have no problem snapping him up. Not sure he fits the Gaz mould though ;)

• Does anyone have Stefan Dennis's (Paul Robinson from Neighbours) single 'Solo Dancing'?

• It is more wondrous than Steve Bruce's football novela but I can't find it

• I can't think why you want it, but does this help?

• I love you @Twizz

• If this isn't on 'ringing the blues' tomorrow I won't listen anymore haja

• Nick Freeman

• @YorkshireBlue said:
    A real combative aggressive midfielder, just what we're looking for. Released by Aberdeen so we should have no problem snapping him up. Not sure he fits the Gaz mould though ;)

Am I missing something?

• You have left your flies ooen

• @LX1 said:
    I love you @Twizz

Don't it make you feel good.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@LX1 said:
    I love you @Twizz

Makes me go all warm & tingly inside.

• @Twizz said:

@StrongestTeam said:

@LX1 said:
    I love you @Twizz

Makes me go all warm & tingly inside.

This could be one of the worst things that has ever happened, it's clearly one of the worse songs ever but that alone doesn't really do it justice.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@LX1 said:
    I love you @Twizz

Ah. I see what you did now.