Skip to content

Where will Wycombe Wanderers finish in the League One table in the 2021/22 season?

2»

Comments

• Being Surprised at Sunderland imploding is surprising

• Another northern outfit have put a bit of a bolt on.

• Wycombe have a 100% win record v Bolton. Imagine that when we were young?

• @LX1 said:
    Being Surprised at Sunderland imploding is surprising

I really thought Johnson (despite blips) would get them up (before they sacked him once they were in the Championship of course) when you think of people like GA, Dyce and Hassenhuttl, all of whom have had torrid times but held on to their jobs and improved their teams as a result, you would think the Mackems would at least have held their nerve while they were in the play-off positions...

• Beat Wednesday end April
    Beat Oxford in play off semi
    Beat Sunderland at Wembley
    Has Wycombe written all over it!

• I also think we will play Oxford in the play off semis and Sunderland in the final.

Hope it’s not Sunderland in the semis…that would be tougher I think.

• After today's result I will revise my prediction to 4th at highest, 19th at lowest and possibly anywhere in between.

• After today's result I will revise my prediction to 4th at highest, 18th at lowest and possibly anywhere in between.

• Isn't it about now that a virus comes in to send us up?

• @Malone said:
    I think we get in as 6th, but wouldn't be massively surprised to see us anywhere from 4th to 8th to be honest - it's going to be a tight one.

Would probably stay similar to this, but stretch it down to 9th.

• We are going to make play offs but it will come down to the last game of the season…come on it’s Wycombe we’re following, we don’t make it easy!

• A couple more matches played and, based on how they went and the matches yet to be played, I will revise my prediction down a little to 5th at highest, 18th at lowest and possibly anywhere in between.

• @Malone said:

@Malone said:
    I think we get in as 6th, but wouldn't be massively surprised to see us anywhere from 4th to 8th to be honest - it's going to be a tight one.

Would probably stay similar to this, but stretch it down to 9th.

Would probably say similar to this, but stretch it down to 10th.

• Above Oxford again in 6th.

• 7th it’s what I predicted for this season. When you think of the clubs around us that’s some achievement.

• I know what you mean but we're easily good enough to finish in at least the playoffs so failing to do so would be disappointing for me

I think we'll be fine anyway. I've said from before the season started that we'll get promoted and I still haven't changed my mind

• edited April 2022

For FourFourTwo's pre-season predictions, I went "3rd, assuming we're able to replace Uche..." - so I'll take the 5th (which is what FFT predicted themselves) I got with that table calculator!

• 6th-8th, doesn't sound like very much difference - but of course it could make all the difference! If a a few recent results could have been improved marginally it might so easily have been 2nd-4th.
    Which is why, in reality, we shouldn't be too disappointed if it's only 8th.

But we will be ...

• There is a mathematical possibility that any team residing between 2nd and 7th going into the last round of fixtures could finish 2nd or 7th.

For that to happen:

Rotherham lose to Oxford at home and Sunderland away
    MK Dons lose at home to Morecambe
    Sheff Weds lose to Wycombe and beat or draw with Fleetwood
    Plymouth draw or beat Wigan
    Wycombe beat Sheff Weds
    Sunderland draw or beat Cambridge and beat Rotherham

If the above was to happen the table would look like this on the last day:

Rotherham 83
    MK Dons 83
    Sunderland 81 or 83
    Sheff Weds 80 or 82
    Plymouth 80 or 82
    Wycombe 80

Obviously goal difference would probably mean we would be out of it unless Rotherham got absolutely tonked in their next two matches.

You'd also have to factor Oxford in to the 6th place as well, seeing as they would be on 78 points.

Bonkers...

• I’m getting anxious just reading that.

• @floyd said:
    I’m getting anxious just reading that.

Relax chief.

Every fing's gonna be awwrighhht (holds little candle up)