Skip to content

WWTV issues

Anyone else got a problem with the new website. It tells me I'm logged in, but has a padlock on all of the Bloomers interviews and some others. I can watch some old matches so it's not as if I'm totally blocked.

Comments

• Might be that all the video and interview content now has to be paid for. I've seen a tweet that says the subscription for this is £4.50 a month. Presumably replaces the old basic iFollow subscription which was around £30-£40 a year, so a bit of a hike. Didn't see this mentioned on launch day though.

• edited February 2022

@NewburyWanderer said:
    Might be that all the video and interview content now has to be paid for. I've seen a tweet that says the subscription for this is £4.50 a month. Presumably replaces the old basic iFollow subscription which was around £30-£40 a year, so a bit of a hike. Didn't see this mentioned on launch day though.

No, it certainly don't remember that mentioned either. Will call in to the club on Monday. If it is, I certainly won't be adding to it. The finances are tight enough as it is!
    Surely that is changing the rules halfway through the term of an agreement?

• Can’t see that £4.50 subscription fee anywhere on the site. Can anyone from the club confirm what is the process and cost please?

• edited February 2022

To subscribe to WanderersTV it does cost £4.50 per month - this does include online audio commentary for every Chairboys EFL game plus the video content that is behind the paywall.

You can also register at no cost and pay for individual games as you go, but you will not have access to all the video content. However, RTB will carry some of the audio from these

I’ve included the FAQs from the launch article on wwfc.com:

What will WanderersTV cost?
    Subscriptions to WanderersTV – and audio and video match passes – will cost the same as they did on iFollow.

Will I be able to watch every match?
    No – the broadcast restrictions remain the same across the whole EFL, regardless of whether clubs operate in or out of the EFL Digital collective. That means you’ll be able to watch the same matches as before, i.e. those not played at 3pm on a Saturday.

Will all video content now be behind a paywall?
    No – the club will continue to provide a significant number of free-to-view videos on WanderersTV and across social media. Fans are encouraged to sign up for a monthly or annual pass to access premium behind-the-scenes content.

I was an iFollow monthly or annual subscriber. What happens to my subscription?
    If you paid monthly for your iFollow access, your subscription will be automatically stopped, and you’ll receive a pro-rata refund for the number of days remaining in the current month. You will then need to begin a new monthly subscription with WanderersTV. If you paid annually for your iFollow access, you will receive a voucher code via email (to the address associated to your iFollow account) which you can redeem on WanderersTV to receive free access for the remainder of the season.

Can I watch matches online before the app is launched?
    Yes – you can enjoy WanderersTV’s on-demand content and live streams on the desktop and mobile/tablet sites.

What does single sign-on mean?
    Once the integration process is complete later this year, fans will only need to log on once and enjoy seamless access between the website, WanderersTV, retail site (wwfcshop.co.uk) and ticketing site (tickets.wwfc.com), negating the need for multiple accounts.

Will I still be able to listen to live match commentaries on BBC Three Counties Radio?
    Yes - BBC Three Counties will continue to broadcast live match audio commentaries on 98FM. WanderersTV remains the only place for online live match audio commentaries.

Will the club be producing its own video stream of matches?
    Not at this stage; that will be a development which is explored in the weeks and months to come. In the immediate future, WanderersTV will display the same video feed from IMG which was used for iFollow.

• The audio monthly pass does say it includes these and under the basic free login a number of item are locked:

Live match audio
    Match highlights
    Behind the scenes content (interviews, training footage and special features)

I'm not sure if you also get these for a period of time if you buy a day pass to watch a game live, it's not clear. Not sure how many people will pay this for a few extra videos when a number of items are free here or elsewhere.
    I used to pay for the audio monthly and then probably a good couple of video passes a month, and a season ticket, seems a bit much tbh but it does make sense to offer some premium things for people who are willing to pay.

• As far as I can remember the match day video pass (on ifollow) gives you 24hrs of access to "premium" content so would assume its the same on WWTV

• Those videos are all locked for me too, but then I'm still unable to redeem my iFollow transfer code.

• OK, I've managed to redeem it now and those videos are now all unlocked. For anyone else having trouble, I had to switch to Firefox and turn off all tracker blocking in the prefs and disable ad blockers. Looks like the default tracker blocking in both Safari and Firefox will stop it running, and probably most 3rd party ad blockers will too.

• @philblunt said <
    To subscribe to WanderersTV it does cost £4.50 per month - this does include online audio commentary for every Chairboys EFL game plus the video content that is behind the pay wall. <

So for the cost of a pint I'll be able to listen to all the games and watch premium content? Sounds like a decent price to me.

• @drcongo is correct about the ad-blockers. I had to turn them off to get the transfer code to work. Everything has worked fine since the code was accepted.

• All working for me now i turned ad blocker off.

• No complaints about the £4.50 from me. A snip if you live outside the 3CR area and can’t listen to commentaries.

• Have been paying iFollow £4.50 per month to date and now paying the same to WWTV. No change as far as I can see

• Yeah, it's the same price as iFollow I believe. Presumably when the season ends there'll be a yearly pass available for the £40 or whatever it is for iFollow too.

• @drcongo said:
    OK, I've managed to redeem it now and those videos are now all unlocked. For anyone else having trouble, I had to switch to Firefox and turn off all tracker blocking in the prefs and disable ad blockers. Looks like the default tracker blocking in both Safari and Firefox will stop it running, and probably most 3rd party ad blockers will too.

I had this problem when I first registered and lodged my voucher, but that seems to have resolved itself in Firefox so can still run my usual collection of paranoiaware (ABP, NoScript, Ghostery etc.)

• Good work @Erroll_Sims - it's the right thing to do. I also recommend NextDNS which I run as an upstream provider behind AdGuard home on a Raspberry Pi, but there's easier ways of using it too.

• FFS you two, will you speak in plain English so that us mere mortals can have some hope of understanding!?

• Oh, I dunno, I got quite excited about the idea of raspberry pie being available at matches. All washed down with a couple of pints of Ghostery.

• @drcongo said:
    Good work @Erroll_Sims - it's the right thing to do. I also recommend NextDNS which I run as an upstream provider behind AdGuard home on a Raspberry Pi, but there's easier ways of using it too.

When I read this post I realised that I’m an even older dinosaur than I thought. Don’t know about Adams Park, I should book a ticket for Jurassic Park!

• I was thinking the same @glasshalffull. Totally over my head.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    I was thinking the same @glasshalffull. Totally over my head.

I know it was in English but was non the wiser having read it...

• One thing that was not frustrating last night was WTV. Just as easy to use as iFollow, but the picture quality was much better. Well done to all involved.

• edited February 2022

?ok now

• edited February 2022

• I'm in "Belgium" today but can't see the link to watch the match live. Anyone spotted it?

As feedback for the club, I would expect to see it as soon as I click on WanderersTV in the primary nav, but there's just pre-recorded stuff in there.

• Found it. I'm an idiot.

• I still cannot find the bloody link

• You technophiles!

• Thanks @micra got there in the end - but by the end perhaps wished I hadn't.