Skip to content

Uh oh...

Comments

• That was meant to read 'Biggest' danger, but I guess what I wrote works better

• Have you tried it in spread form? Worth mentioning that Aldi's own version of that is indistinguishable.

• This thread takes the biscuit

• edited February 2022

@drcongo said:

Have you tried it in spread form? Worth mentioning that Aldi's own version of that is indistinguishable.

I have, sort of - the coffee shop I sometimes work from to get away from wfh does amazing Biscoff brownies (I've basically given up on trying to avoid the stuff).

• Just been to a funeral...as we trailed out everyone got a Tunnock's wafer. The nurse's favourite in the olden days I am told by Mrs W.

• Tunnock's Dark Wafers are the ultimate, but I can never find them in the shops.

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Just added a pack of Tunnocks wafers to our next Morrisons delivery as I'm intrigued by the comments above. Next Tuesday's match could see me with a small flask of Mulligatawny soup and a Tunnocks wafer!

Feel free to bring the rest of the pack!!! I'm sure other Gasroomers in the Frank Adams can help you!!!

They remind me of my childhood stays at my Scottish grandmothers during the school holidays. Literally the best "treat" going and now a delicacy in our house.

• @Commoner said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    Just added a pack of Tunnocks wafers to our next Morrisons delivery as I'm intrigued by the comments above. Next Tuesday's match could see me with a small flask of Mulligatawny soup and a Tunnocks wafer!

Feel free to bring the rest of the pack!!! I'm sure other Gasroomers in the Frank Adams can help you!!!

They remind me of my childhood stays at my Scottish grandmothers during the school holidays. Literally the best "treat" going and now a delicacy in our house.

?Be rude not to and you certainly know where I sit! ??

• Just to clear things up....

Official....

A cake goes dry and solid when stale while a biscuit goes soft and for want of a better word..."limp".

Therefore, jaffa cakes are indeed...a cake.

• Jaffa cakes do indeed go hard and crunchy quite quickly. Best eaten in one fell swoop.

@Twizz - I can’t afford Co-op prices. Well, I can but value for money is deeply ingrained in my psyche. Pre-war baby, don’t yer know.

Tunnocks tea cakes used to be de rigeur at the Bridge Club. (I don’t play. Mrs micra used to be the tea lady.)

What does wfh stand for @ReturnToSenda ?

• @micra working from home (typing three whole words out is just too much effort these days)

• @micra said:
    Jaffa cakes do indeed go hard and crunchy quite quickly. Best eaten in one fell swoop.

@Twizz - I can’t afford Co-op prices. Well, I can but value for money is deeply ingrained in my psyche. Pre-war baby, don’t yer know.

Tunnocks tea cakes used to be de rigeur at the Bridge Club. (I don’t play. Mrs micra used to be the tea lady.)

What does wfh stand for @ReturnToSenda ?

I believe WFH is "working from home".

• Thanks @thecatwwfc. @ReturnToSenda is now checking to see if his post is still there!

Years ago - last century, in fact - I very occasionally worked from home but very little work got done.

• edited February 2022

Why are jaffa cakes always in supermarket biscuit sections?

• TBF there is also confusion over certain Fruit and Veg (Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Peppers etc).

• How long have cucumbers and peppers been fruit?!

• Forever I guess. Google it.

• A coconut is a fruit.

• Mel Morris is a fruit and nut case.

• Don’t get me started on the so called Cashew “nut”

• It can't be any worse placed than the peanut.

• edited February 2022

@ValleyWanderer said:
    Forever I guess. Google it.

Well I never!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Mel Morris is a fruit and nut case.

He is a plum.

• Well, now received my delivery of Tunnock's Wafers and..........by goodness they're good!

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Well, now received my delivery of Tunnock's Wafers and..........by goodness they're good!

Our work here is done.

• @Wendoverman said:

@ValleyWanderer said:
    Well, now received my delivery of Tunnock's Wafers and..........by goodness they're good!

Our work here is done.

Let’s get them at AP

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@Wendoverman said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

Our work here is done.

Let’s get them at AP

£3 a wafer?

• 4 for a quid at the Co-op. I can see a business opportunity there!

• @mooneyman said:

@MorrisItal_ said:

@Wendoverman said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

Our work here is done.

Let’s get them at AP

£3 a wafer?

It’s finding the balance point between sod it I’m buying one anyway and that’s taking the piss

• £1.85 a pack of 8 at Morrison's.