Skip to content

Sunderland (h) - Attendance Prediction Thread Match 25 - Sat 8th Jan 2022 - 12:30 KO

2»

Comments

1. 1725 Black Cats - based on actual attendance rather than tickets sold.
  • 7333 with 1798 Mackems

• 7475 with 1775 McMs

• @micra said:
    7321. 1725 Black Cats - based on actual attendance rather than tickets sold.

@micra - you could well be right that some of them won't make it - I normally use the official figures however they are built up.

• 6790 with 1750 away.

• 6666 with 1771

• 7,442 including 1,813 Mackems.

• please be called off, please be called off, please be called off ...

• 7,423 including 1,791 away

• 7436, with 1800 in the away end.

• @railwaysteve it's @DJWYC14 not @DJWYC I don't see you tags otherwise :smile:

7,387 with 1,798 away

• Thanks @railwaysteve, hope you're doing well. I'll go for 7,099 with 1,800 black cats

• 7321 including 1789 Shipbuilding Mackums.

• edited January 2022

Just gone 09:00 - 36 predictions in - that is almost everyone who normally predicts and some.

@DJWYC14 - please accept an apology. I have altered your entry on both types of spreadsheet, hopefully you will get the tags in the future.

We are saying:

Average for Total Crowd: 7354
    Average for Away Crowd 1790

Which would be just over 3 home fans for every away fan, so lots of scope for atmosphere.
    I can't make it today. I was allowed to drive again from the start of the year and feel a bit stronger every day, but I have not yet ventured further than Cambridge - 3 miles from the house. Plan is to make it for the Oxford game next week when my son can come with me and drive. I will be with you all in mind and spirit today.

I reckon the following regulars are still to post:

@eric_plant
    @HCBlue
    @JohnBoy
    @ryan_w_kirby

And some irregulars who have posted this year and might be tempted by the first game of the year or the big home numbers. Anyone is welcome to throw some numbers in.

@oxfordshirechairboy
    @Blue_since 1990
    @Stoat_Goggles
    @TheAndyGrahamFanClub
    @PrinceofCrowell
    @davebevan

Up the Blues.

• 7,092 with 1,800 Mackems struggling to find a place to park

• 7201 with 1769

• @Twizz said:
    please be called off, please be called off, please be called off ...

It wasn’t called off. Sorry bout that!!

• @micra said:

@Twizz said:

I'm gutted, wasted a couple of hours. I trust you didn't waste time by bothering to watch/listen?
    ??

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    7201 with 1769

I am sorry - half an hour beyond the deadline. Hope all is ok with you.

• @Twizz said:

@micra said:

@Twizz said:

I'm gutted, wasted a couple of hours. I trust you didn't waste time by bothering to watch/listen?
    ??

No, gave it a miss. All those comments I made during the match were via extrasensory perception.

• Attendance given on the BBC as 7229

Many congratulations of the highest kind to @SmiroludyBlue you can't get much closer.
    Forecaster of the Week and equalling @DevC's prediction for the Portsmouth at home for the closest prediction of the season.

Congratulations to @robin for a single digit score - probably will qualify as one of the best for the season too.

Good all round - low number scores on here and sizeable numbers for the crowd.

@SmiroludyBlue whose prediction of 7230 was out by 1
    @robin whose prediction of 7233 was out by 4
    @floyd whose prediction of 7202 was out by 27
    @YorkExile whose prediction of 7171 was out by 58
    @Glenactico whose prediction of 7137 was out by 92
    @micra whose prediction of 7321 was out by 92
    @ValleyWanderer whose prediction of 7321 was out by 92
    @PJS whose prediction of 7125 was out by 104
    @a40 whose prediction of 7100 was out by 129
    @BSE whose prediction of 7099 was out by 130

Please look out for the Bolton thread and the Oxford thread.

• Fast out the blocks tonight Steve. Did you manage to watch it in the box?

I was 104 out with 7333.

• @wwfcblue said:
    Fast out the blocks tonight Steve. Did you manage to watch it in the box?

I was 104 out with 7333.

Apologies @wwfcblue - I had the final two 3s in your predictions as 8's. Corrected on the spreadsheet and I have just polished my glasses. Thanks for pointing it out. Your proper prediction will be used for the 'Tour de Season'.

I watched at home, it was edge of the sofa stuff. Sky had Kevin Phillips and Sam Saunders as the two analysts.

• How's the recovery going Steve?

• edited January 2022

@eric_plant - apart from forgetting to clean my glasses all is going well thank you. I have the first face to face appointment since being discharged on Monday - for cardiac rehabilitation - previous one cancelled due to Covid pressures at the clinic. It is 7 weeks since the op and my need for painkillers is nearly all gone, I feel just a bit better every day.

Plan is to be at Adams Park for the Oxford game, my son lives close and will drive us both over from Cambridge. I will make contact with the club on Monday to 'upgrade' our terrace season tickets for seats in the Frank Adams. I can walk a couple of miles (with a break midway) but standing for 90 mins plus the inevitable 10 mins at the end might be a bit too much - and I am certainly not going to leave early.

• @railwaysteve said:
    @eric_plant - apart from forgetting to clean my glasses all is going well thank you. I have the first face to face appointment since being discharged - for cardiac rehabilitation on Monday - previous one cancelled due to Covid. It is 7 weeks since the op an.d my need for painkillers is nearly all gone.

Plan is to be at Adams Park for the Oxford game, my son lives close and will drive us both over from Cambridge. I will make contact with the club on Monday to 'upgrade' our terrace season tickets for seats in the Frank Adams. I can walk a couple of miles (with a break midway) but standing for 90 mins plus the inevitable 10 mins at the end might be a bit too much - and I am certainly not going to leave early.

A shame our away game at Cambridge is now off due to Rd4 of the FA Cup.

Hopefully the Tuesday night game will be on a decent day.

• Glad to hear it. You just have been really looking forward to getting to a game again