Skip to content

Ipswich and Charlton tickets at the club

2»

Comments

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Surely any tickets collected at Portman Road will have been printed out there? I.e. any tickets currently at Adams Park will stay there until closing and the club won't put them in a box and ferry them up to Ipswich? Another reason to switch to E-ticketing, mind you.

I thought they literally took any sold but not collected tickets on the coach we take to the game?

They are taken in the media car to the away ground.

• @AlanCecil said:

@Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Surely any tickets collected at Portman Road will have been printed out there? I.e. any tickets currently at Adams Park will stay there until closing and the club won't put them in a box and ferry them up to Ipswich? Another reason to switch to E-ticketing, mind you.

I thought they literally took any sold but not collected tickets on the coach we take to the game?

They are taken in the media car to the away ground.

One of the great traditions of lower league football…surely?

• Yep. Sounds quite quaint and reminds us of where we've been.

• It's so stupid it's all ticket and that you can't get a ticket on the day of the game.

I'd definitely have gone tonight but there was obviously real uncertainty as to whether the game would go ahead. Not only that, given the current situation none of us could guarantee we wouldn't have caught COVID between buying a ticket and the day of the game.

Wish I'd taken the gamble now

• Couldn’t agree more Eric! Same for Charlton this weekend.
    Perhaps it’s down to how many stewards they need or ticket sellers on the day.
    Given the current covid climate it does feel a little harsh you cannot buy on the day, online and download.

• Same, I would have gone tonight if I could have made a decision on the day. Daft.

• @Commoner said:
    Couldn’t agree more Eric! Same for Charlton this weekend.
    Perhaps it’s down to how many stewards they need or ticket sellers on the day.
    Given the current covid climate it does feel a little harsh you cannot buy on the day, online and download.

You can pay at Charlton on the day

26 quid mind, which is another issue