Skip to content

This would be a nice gesture from WWFC…

2»

Comments

• Most businesses seem to prioritise bringing in new customers over rewarding existing ones. Seen clearly with annual renewals etc.
    I suppose it comes down to the idea that it's a club for most of us, not just a business.

• @Malone Rejected / ignored. Not a problem. Lots to do in 2022 with my own business. I fear challenging economic times coming.

• I get that @Malone and it is for me but I am less convinced that the Couhigs see it that way.

Let's be honest much of professional football's ills are due to owners not running them as businesses and the real losers are the fans.

I want my club to still be here tomorrow and to do that we have to at minimum financially wash our faces

• In case anyone has misunderstood: I’m not suggesting a free car park pass for myself as my journey to Adams Park is only 24 miles each way from Hertfordshire. I just happened to be coming from Dorset yesterday & was just thinking about ways to help out other people who may face difficulties periodically getting to Adams Park by car on long-distance journeys.

• I watch the matches from my sofa. You are all heroes to me!!!

• As per @arnos_grove It’s simply a ‘lifestyle choice’. No preferential treatment needed, thanks. @Alf and @ReturnToSenda also spot on.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    The club promised to say thank you to those who gave the club their season ticket refund and they have done nothing. Absolutely nothing. I’m not sure they do gestures.

I have lots of admiration for those who travel miles to matches. They are amazing supporters.
    Seems my journey falls just under your mileage limit so obviously don’t get the same value you think you deserve.

I think we got a free ticket to a friendly game v Leicester. Not my favourite evening sat in the car. And not really worth sacrificing my season ticket money for. Maybe Rob forgot

• The grumpiness on this thread is hilarious even by gasroom levels.

• @Shev said:
    I watch the matches from my sofa. You are all heroes to me!!!

Drinking two pints of IPA and holding it until half time is the closest I get to heroic but I’ll take it thanks

• Thanks for sharing that @StrongestTeam - thoroughly enjoyable article - which I suspect is why most of us will always have a certain respect for the other 90 proper clubs in the football league and their travelling fans, regardless of rivalries and history.
    I think we are unique in England, Scotland and Wales to have that affinity.

• edited December 2021

@Commoner said:
    the other 90 proper clubs in the football league

Normally I'd be certain I knew which club/s you didn't think we're fit to be in the football league, but currently I'm not so sure?
    Derby or MK?

• Haha! Definitely the Franchise…