Skip to content

Man of the Match - Wimbledon

Who gets it?

Poll not found

Comments

• I went with JJ, who saved us a point at both ends.

• That was such an amazing Bayo cameo that I gave it to him. His every touch was perfect.

• yup, Bayo for me, in terms of the impact on the game. He definitely showed his actual football skills as well as his physicality.

• I reckon JJ just from Thompson who battled so hard on his own in midfield

• Mehmeti was probably as good as anyone before he came off, all those above fair shouts, going Thompson as much for his comedy non-red card as anything else.

• I have to admit I often take Thompson for granted and really shouldn’t. The number of vital interceptions he makes is considerable.

• edited December 2021

Torn between Stocko and Bayo but went for the former as we'd have been out of it before Bayo came on if not for his saves.

• I went for Bayo. He turned a poor game for us around.How Thompson avoids so many bookings is a delight to watch.

• @Shev has one of these ever been won by a sub before?

• What are we going to do next season without having Bayo to get us out of the shit?

• Not a popular one for me, but I thought Hanlon was immense compared to most today. Did a lot of selfless running & chasing lost causes that gained us many throws and corners. Have to say, that lad is soooooper quick!

• Hanlan and McLeary are very exciting to watch.

• It just had to be JJ today

• Not normally something I'd do, giving it to a sub.

But Bayo's magnificent chip and wing play trickery certainly deserves it today.

Although JJ a close second.

• edited December 2021

@EwanHoosaami said:
      Not a popular one for me, but I thought Hanlon was immense compared to most today. Did a lot of selfless running & chasing lost causes that gained us many throws and corners. Have to say, that lad is soooooper quick!

Tall, strong and quick and a real threat when he gets on the ball.
      We don't dish 3 year contracts that reqularly, so you always know it's a real player when we do.

• @EwanHoosaami said:
      Not a popular one for me, but I thought Hanlon was immense compared to most today. Did a lot of selfless running & chasing lost causes that gained us many throws and corners. Have to say, that lad is soooooper quick!

I thought Hanlan was great today.

• We'd have lost pretty comfortably were it not for Stockdale. He gets my vote

• Went with stockdale..Great save in 1st half plus an assist!

• @drcongo said:
      @Shev has one of these ever been won by a sub before?

Nope - this would be a first! Bayo will be adding a uniquely won Gasroom trophy to an already fantastic career!

• I'm going with Thompson, one of the most unselfish players we've had but without whom everything disintegrates.

• How anyone can not vote for Stockdale today is beyond me ! He won that point for us in the first half

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • Bark for me, impact sub by name……

Thompson got my vote on Tuesday for his tireless work having to pretty much play a lone midfield role and deserves huge credit again.

Stockdale was superb too.

Tin hat firmly in place!! I totally understand why we like Hanlan. However I believe Gaz is having a selection problem with trying to play 4 players in 3 places which has caused a loss of shape. Hanlan, for all his obvious qualities, loses possession far too often for my liking and as a result we are getting caught on the break far too many times. I think McCarthy is also guilty of this. Horgan was excellent when he came on by not giving the ball away and passing the ball ball fantastically well. In conclusion I think it would work better with either Vokes or Hanlan playing up top with players who keep possession far better in behind and going back to a back four with two holding midfielders

• JJ for me. Superb at the back, cleared one off the line and then held it together to score the pen. Has been brilliant for years

• I don’t disagree @Mandown. I don’t know who I’d take out, and I know we’re missing some key players, but I really don’t like just having one CM.

• @Mandown said:
      Bark for me, impact sub by name……

Thompson got my vote on Tuesday for his tireless work having to pretty much play a lone midfield role and deserves huge credit again.

Stockdale was superb too.

Tin hat firmly in place!! I totally understand why we like Hanlan. However I believe Gaz is having a selection problem with trying to play 4 players in 3 places which has caused a loss of shape. Hanlan, for all his obvious qualities, loses possession far too often for my liking and as a result we are getting caught on the break far too many times. I think McCarthy is also guilty of this. Horgan was excellent when he came on by not giving the ball away and passing the ball ball fantastically well. In conclusion I think it would work better with either Vokes or Hanlan playing up top with players who keep possession far better in behind and going back to a back four with two holding midfielders

… woof?

• Don't type 'bark for me, impact sub' on a work computer

• Taf, had Palmer in his pocket the whole game which for me made a bigger impact on stopping them play than anything else we offered.

• edited December 2021

@wwfcblue said:
      Taf, had Palmer in his pocket the whole game which for me made a bigger impact on stopping them play than anything else we offered.

He rather ruined that by pretty much laying their second goal on a plate for them...