Skip to content

Man of the Match - Burton

2»

Comments

• McCleary of course.

• Forino was fine, but very much benefited from being measured against expectations, and McLeary is hurt by the same principle.

• @HCblue said:
    Respectfully disagree about McCarthy. I thought he was, as he has been recently, pretty average.

Voted for Hanlan - the great goal clinched it. But JJ and Thompson in the mix for me, too. And Grimmer quietly did a sound job.

Really, you didn’t see all the clever interlinked play with McCleary and Mehmeti you must have seen a different game

• @MorrisItal_ said:

@HCblue said:
    Respectfully disagree about McCarthy. I thought he was, as he has been recently, pretty average.

Voted for Hanlan - the great goal clinched it. But JJ and Thompson in the mix for me, too. And Grimmer quietly did a sound job.

Really, you didn’t see all the clever interlinked play with McCleary and Mehmeti you must have seen a different game

I saw plenty of that from everyone last night. I noticed it less with him as it was surrounded by some sub-optimal options too and a couple of cheap losses of possession. Possibly I have my radar out a bit with him at the mo.; he's not seemed to me, or to others around me, to be playing at all well since he came back a few weeks ago.

• Seems to be a bit of confusion between Gmac and Jmac there.

• edited December 2021

I thought JJ was outstanding last night - especially in the second half. His reading of the game gets us out of trouble so many times.

• Another difficult one but has to be JJ - he was everywhere and looked as assured in possession as I've seen him.

• @micra said:
    Seems to be a bit of confusion between Gmac and Jmac there.

And daddymac, which is your new nickname.

• @micra said:
    ..,,,combe shirt. Gawd, it’s late and fingers flitting all over the place.

Can we keep this board clean please

• We have the makings of a double act @LX1. That did make oi larrf.

• Just watched the highlights to check...Jimmy Floyd (obviously after saying they do what they do well and we knew what we were going to get) claimed both of our goals came from long balls...second one is arguable as it started with a Stocko kick down field...but Hanlan's goal was a pass on the floor from Grimmer leading to him powering through two defenders and scoring.

• Spot on @Wendoverman. And in that remarkable first half there wasn’t much scope (or need) for long balls as we were mainly camped in the last third.