Skip to content

Man of the Match - Burton

Who wins your MOTM?

Poll not found

Comments

• Forino for me - a really solid & assured debut

• JJ. Commanding performance and a real leader for us. We’ve been blessed to watch him adapt and grow whilst wearing the quarters and tonight he showed how important he is for us.

• I went Hanlan for his hold up play. Considered going for Stocko for the lols.

• @Gary said:
      JJ. Commanding performance and a real leader for us. We’ve been blessed to watch him adapt and grow whilst wearing the quarters and tonight he showed how important he is for us.

JJ for exactly the same reasons

• McCleary scored a goal and carved through the Burton defenders

• Thomson for me - worked his socks off

• Forino for me. At least Taff and Stewart now have strong competition for their positions.

• JJ for me. Solid, professional performance throughout the match.

• @mooneyman said:
      Forino for me. At least Taff and Stewart now have strong competition for their positions.

I wouldn't go that far as he looked a bit like Bambi on ice at times, but it was an assured enough debut on the whole and I can see why Gaz rates him so highly.

• McCleary was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, as he so often is

I think we're all just used to it now

• McCleary for me, he seems to have the ability to make time slow down when he's on the ball.

That said, completely happy with Forino getting it, a highly creditable showing when he had some mighty boots to fill, and he stepped up well.

• @eric_plant said:
      McCleary was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, as he so often is

Spot on. He is suffering from Brilliance Familiarity Syndrome (BFS). I thought he would win this easily.

• He's genuinely in the conversation about our best ever player. It is utterly ridiculous that he's playing in League 1

• @eric_plant said:
      McCleary was head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch, as he so often is

First half, not really second.

• McCarthy was very good today he gets a lot of stick when he’s not firing on all cylinders but today he was in top form

• Minor shouts for Grimmer and McCarthy btw, neither having great season's, would have been quite tricky tonight if either of both weren't at it but both solid, very good at times.

• Thompson was my MOM. Mentions for McCleary and JJ tonight

• Had to go for Hanlan for a fantastic goal

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    • edited December 2021

Hanlan for me, that first goal was crucial and he works so hard closing down

Forino looked like a player who was slightly out of his depth who had a good game to me. Understandable at centre back as a youngster on your debut, but we desperately need Taff or Stewart back ASAP. Forino looks a good prospect long term though after a loan spell perhaps

• Forino had an incredible game as the only recognised CB in our defence but he was ably assisted by the very good Grimmer and excellent JJ more often than not mopping up behind him. My vote though to JJ for his assurance allowing Forino to play himself into the game and make us think we may have some CB cover. COYB

• edited December 2021

Respectfully disagree about McCarthy. I thought he was, as he has been recently, pretty average.

Voted for Hanlan - the great goal clinched it. But JJ and Thompson in the mix for me, too. And Grimmer quietly did a sound job.

• Excellent showing from Forino tonight, although I hope someone buys him longer studs for Christmas as he did seem to lose his footing a few times.
      Maybe JJ (especially) & Grimmer deserve a big mention for enabling him to play with such a degree of competence.
      Also a mention to McCarthy, Hanlon and McCleary who also nearly got my vote.

• JJ just edged Thompson (are we sure he’s just one player?) and Hanlan for me.

Forino had an excellent first half but struggled more in the second and JJ got him out of jail a couple of times. Definitely a great prospect though.

• Forino was good, but not mom for me. JJ was great, best game of the season for Grimmer so far I thought, McCarthy was fine today, nothing to moan about there. McCleary and Hanlan superb.

• Sorry but although Forino clearly grew into the game, he missed his first 3 headers, was pushed around by Holloway and fell on his arse twice in the first 10 mins. Shaky start to say the least. Can’t honestly say I’d be comfortable going into a couple of important play off semi finals with him there, glad it was only Burton. JJ was so assured and gave us everything we needed in the back line to see us through. JJ was not just winning balls but using it well too, playing some delightful out balls to Obita in particular.

• @BlueBoy said:
      JJ just edged Thompson (are we sure he’s just one player?) and Hanlan for me.

Forino had an excellent first half but struggled more in the second and JJ got him out of jail a couple of times. Definitely a great prospect though.

Agree with JJ - thought he was excellent tonight and helped Forino when he needed it.

• McCleary for me but a great team performance especially first half

• JJ it is then. Not sure why I thought of him first, followed by thinking “no surely he wasn’t as good as I thought he was” ! So plumped for the player we’ve all come to believe is too good for League 1 and is potentially the classiest (and quickest thinking) player to wear a Wy

• ..,,,combe shirt. Gawd, it’s late and fingers flitting all over the place.