Skip to content

Match day thread: Plymouth

Comments

• Bit like Taffs tonight

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Fair play to Dan Scarr. Never thought he'd get anywhere near this level, thought he was a one-dimensional clogger with us.

I thought the same thing. At some point between leaving us and joining Plymouth he’s turned into Pirlo, real engine room type showing so far

• Horrible fall. Poor guy.

• Can't wait to hear how this injury is our fault...

• On a different note, Wheeler brings such a calmness to the midfield. So many clever one-touch passes that keep us moving. Thompson and Scowen are great but Wheeler helps to pivot to attack from defence more effectively

• Poor chap. What an odd injury. Hope it's not as bad as it looks

• @jessvl1 said:
    On a different note, Wheeler brings such a calmness to the midfield. So many clever one-touch passes that keep us moving. Thompson and Scowen are great but Wheeler helps to pivot to attack from defence more effectively

He does - apart from that foul which got him booked, although that was very uncharacteristic.

• @jessvl1 said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Fair play to Dan Scarr. Never thought he'd get anywhere near this level, thought he was a one-dimensional clogger with us.

I thought the same thing. At some point between leaving us and joining Plymouth he’s turned into Pirlo, real engine room type showing so far

He was quite young when he was with us I think? CB is definitely a position you can improve at more than others.

• @StrongestTeam said:
    Massive dive that

And that

• The stoppage seems to have disrupted our rhythm more than theirs

• edited November 2021

@jessvl1 said:
    On a different note, Wheeler brings such a calmness to the midfield. So many clever one-touch passes that keep us moving. Thompson and Scowen are great but Wheeler helps to pivot to attack from defence more effectively

I was just thinking almost the opposite, that Wheeler is doing alright but we massively miss Scowen in midfield.

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Excellent anticipation from that lumbering beast Tafazolli there...

And again...

• How’s that corner not gone in

• We've controlled the midfield better than in any of the last three league games so far, not looking exposed on the counter.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@StrongestTeam said:
    Massive dive that

And that

And that

• The refs got to take some action against this diving.

• Anyone else like to see McCleary on for Hanlan?

• Do this lot ever stop whining?

• That's 3 blatant dives by Plymouth and the ref still hasn't cautioned any of the offenders

• Plymouth attacking the deep end this first half.

• Pathetic bunch of whining fans and a pathetic diving set of forwards. I desperately hope we nick this one in the second half.

• Well, this isn’t a midfield stalemate! More a midfield no mates.

• What has the ref taken?
    He is seeing things no-one else is seeing and missing the blatant stuff

• Largely excellent and this feels like a top of the table clash

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    Do this lot ever stop whining?

It’s relentless, isn’t it? Rotherham fans were similar. Get over it already.

• Interesting half. Both teams wasting some decent positions.

We did well to weather a little flurry of good play from Argyle after the injury.

Perhaps could have gone in at 1-0. Offside looked very tight.

Referee needs to get on top of the diving. 3 times they might have been booked for a dive in the box.

We’re obviously happy to let Scarr have the ball. So far he hasn’t done a huge amount, although did open us up too easy on one occasion, from which they screwed a good chance wide.

Mehmeti is showing some nice touches and could be the one to make the difference. Still makes some frustrating decisions at times. I could say similar about their no. 10.

• McCleary will be the difference

• @BlueBoy said:

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Do this lot ever stop whining?

It’s relentless, isn’t it? Rotherham fans were similar. Get over it already.

I meant the players more than the fans, but them too!

• BBC has us on 8 shots. Pretty sure we had that many just in that late attack. Quite enjoyable so far but we look extremely one dimensional except when Mehmeti gets the ball.

• Hanlan had to cross for Vokes instead of blasting over, best chance of the game that

We're in this game, had more chances than them. But McCleary on for Hanlan for me