Skip to content

News about Railway Steve

Comments

• BSEBSE
    edited November 2021

Thank goodness! I though i was about to read some awful news (not that is great, but you can guess my thinking), as everyone has said get well soon Steve.

• Speedy recovery @railwaysteve

• edited November 2021

I do love the gasroom. You guys have been a wonderful support to me. There is a smile on a face as I write this.

You might like this: (I couldn't get a photo to embed so apologies that this a link to my twitter feed)

https://twitter.com/Railwaysteve/status/1458024341552222210/photo/1

A crane turned up outside my window at Papworth Hospital and I had to look twice to make sure that it wasn't the one, named in honour of our manager, that usually makes the crisp deliveries at Adams Park.

My operation for a replacement heart valve is scheduled for Monday 15th, the staff here who are doing such sterling work looking after me and many others in times that are far from easy, tell me that it could be deferred, apparently one of the difficulties covid has brought is that the average patient coming into Papworth is less healthy than they were two years ago and so it takes longer for them to move through the critcial care phase of the process after an operation.

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts. I will be listening tonight, hopefully to @bluntphil.

Up the Blues.

• I am sure you will be back on track soon Steve. Hope your op isn't delayed longer than absolutely necessary.
    Are you sure the old ticker will be able to handle the tension of the big match this evening....

• Well done to everyone for all your best wishes and great to read Railway Steve’s message. Hope some positive results will cheer you up.

• Steve, if/when you are offered Cardiac rehab. make sure you attend, it will help no end in rebuilding your confidence. If you get a choice try and attend the South Bucks trust at Wycombe or Stoke Mandeville hospitals (I believe sessions are restarting following Covid).

I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Keep your head up Steve, you're absolutely nailing this.

All the best for a speedy recovery

• Best wishes @railwaysteve Get well soon.

• Wishing you a speedy recover @railwaysteve! Hope you're back at AP soon. Best wishes!

• Good luck and a speedy recovery Mr @railwaysteve .

• All the best @railwaysteve. Hope everything goes well.

• I hope everything goes smoothly @railwaysteve . Best wishes for a quick recovery and hope you feel better soon.

• edited November 2021

@Jocks_little_helper said:
    Steve, if/when you are offered Cardiac rehab. make sure you attend, it will help no end in rebuilding your confidence. If you get a choice try and attend the South Bucks trust at Wycombe or Stoke Mandeville hospitals (I believe sessions are restarting following Covid).

@Jocks_little_helper, I've a feeling that @railwaysteve lives up near Cambridge so perhaps the Wycombe area is not too ideal. Mind you, it was through reading about your travails and recovery that led me to attend the FFIT sessions!!

• Good luck on Monday @railwaysteve

• @Jocks_little_helper said:
    Steve, if/when you are offered Cardiac rehab. make sure you attend, it will help no end in rebuilding your confidence. If you get a choice try and attend the South Bucks trust at Wycombe or Stoke Mandeville hospitals (I believe sessions are restarting following Covid).h

Thanks @Jocks_little_helper - I have every intention of following your advice in one way or another. @ValleyWanderer is quite right, I live in Histon, one of the necklace villages around Cambridge, although it is to the north so I suppose it is one of the crowning villages - crown of thorns on 16.12.06 when Histon beat Cambridge Utd 5 - 0 in an FA Trophy game. There are still people where I used to work who would not forgive me for reminding them of that day.

Your suggestions did make me think - I worked in Wycombe Hospital for 6 months as a Stores Porter a long while ago and in the early days my route to games at Wycombe always took me by Stoke Mandeville Hosptial.

• Wasn’t Cambridge known as a small town near Histon in the season the latter had their cup run.

Will be in Cambridge this weekend as it happens. I’ll wave outside the window.

• Good luck Railway Steve, I was in Essex and Suffolk today and it was bright and sunny…that’ll keep your mood up!

• All the best Steve from my sunshine holiday in Scotland

• @railwaysteve, I'm intrigued what the crane is for?

I'm imagining a very large Christmas tree being installed, so you and the excellent NHS staff can look out on all its glory over the next few weeks.

• It's @railwaysteve's crisps delivery.

• edited November 2021

@Twizz said:
    @railwaysteve, I'm intrigued what the crane is for?

I'm imagining a very large Christmas tree being installed, so you and the excellent NHS staff can look out on all its glory over the next few weeks.

I did ask around without joy, but the glass construction on the other side is the Astra Zenica Building so if it wasn't crisps it was probably more essence of scientific discovery.

• Nope, @railwaysteve, a large Christmas tree is much more romantic none of this practical stuff.
    I expect you to be fit enough to climb to the top and add the star too.

• @drcongo said:
    It's @railwaysteve's crisps delivery.

It has to be @Wendovermans weekly supply. Good luck Monday and do exactly as the consultant/nurses say and you will be fine.

• I thought people might like to know a surprise arrived yesterday late afternoon for me, not in a crisp packet, not by crane, nor even brought by a nurse, but attached to an email.
    I have never felt so privileged in all my life as when I opened a clip from Gareth Ainsworth telling me to be strong for the op because I'm wanted back at Adams Park.

Pure magic. Brings a lump to my throat thinking about it now. What a club we support.

I hope people don't mind me giving details on here. They tell me my Op now scheduled for a day later on Tuesday 16th - replay day - change due surgeon specialities. I believe that theatre lists are not completely finalised until Monday and even then changes can be enforced by circumstances, which are not currently easy. Bit like football really.

Please all keep up the good work posting elsewhere on the gasroom, (especially on the prediction threads as it keeps me busy!). The gasroom does very well at reminding me of an exciting world outside.

• That was a lovely gesture @railwaysteve. All the best for Tuesday and a swift recovery.

• What a wonderful surprise! A remarkable club indeed. Go well @railwaysteve.

• Thanks for your interesting and very welcome update @railwaysteve. We’ve got to know a little more about you and enjoyed your company over the last few weeks. Sincerely hope the op goes ahead on Tuesday and you make a speedy recovery.

• Classy from the Gareth and the club. Good luck @railwaysteve .

• Wow, what an amazing thing to do. That must have absolutely made your day.

All the best for next week