Skip to content

COVID 19 and Club's Vaccination Status

15678911»

Comments

• @HCblue said:

@bookertease said:
    @ReturnToSenda said:

The vaccine reduces the likelihood of serious illness. Where did people get this idea that it prevents transmission from?

Depressingly it is a fairly common misconception In my experience (although the latest variant does seem to have made the penny drop with a lot of people). People genuinely seemed to think that if they’d been double-jabbed they couldn’t catch it or pass it on.

We seem to live in a world where If something can’t be easily said and understood in a three word phrase a lot of people won’t get the message.*

EGs: From submissions by state lawyer to American appellate court hearing case about state vaccination mandate:
    “It is difficult to imagine a more paradigmatic health and safety condition than a requirement that workers at hospitals, nursing homes, and other medical facilities take the step that most effectively prevents transmission of a deadly virus to vulnerable patients,” (https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/vaccine-mandates-take-center-stage-at-u-s-supreme-court/)

Anthony Fauci:
    "...If you do get infected...the chances are very likely that you'll not be able to transmit it to other people..." (1min 40s @

Report from parliament website claiming vaccination "can reduce transmission...": https://post.parliament.uk/covid-19-vaccines-and-virus-transmission/

Also, if you really wonder why a citizen living in good conscience might think vaccines reduce or remove transmission, here's a beauty:

• I see Poland has reported it's highest number of deaths today due to Covid. Over three quarters of these deaths were unvaccinated.

• Obviously the communications about vaccinations preventing transmission are not true for this particular virus (although it is primarily true for some vaccinations), the vaccine does reduce the risk of transmission, less so for Alpha and Delta than the original strain, but still to a significant degree. This will be reduced further with Omicron but vaccination will still reduce transmission of the virus across a population. It’s not an all or nothing.

• edited December 2021

I notice some of the shrug shoulders at the lack of injury updates to key players brigade are now calling for public declarations of covid tests

• @eric_plant said:
    I notice some of the shrug shoulders at the lack of injury updates to key players brigade are now calling for public declarations of covid tests

Not me. I remain consistent. None of my business.

• @arnos_grove said:

@eric_plant said:

Not me. I remain consistent. None of my business.

Exactly

• Same. I think Eric is making it up.

• And dramatically increase the number of postponements beyond that. Odd.

• @StrongestTeam said:

And dramatically increase the number of postponements beyond that. Odd.

My thoughts exactly

• @StrongestTeam said:

And dramatically increase the number of postponements beyond that. Odd.

And probably quickly lead to a suspension of the EFL.

• Surely if you're going to stop testing, you stop it outright? Obviously that would be absolutely stupid, but what are they trying to achieve by just stopping on a certain day? Those cases will still show up later...

• They're trying to achieve less late call offs when fans have already travelled, nah, probably just a bit of embarrassment for themselves.
    Not testing because you don't want to hear the results is very dictatorship / banana republic. What they are effectively saying because of the thresholds for scrapping a game is that if four or more of our players or staff wake up on a Saturday with Covid they should car share, get on coaches, share a dressing room and spread it round.
    Why can't they all test at 9am and send in the proof by 930 to be able to play.

• I hear they're going to stop dope-testing players too...

• Even if the EFL don't require it, I would hope that all clubs tell all the players and staff involved in matchday to take a lateral flow test as soon as they wake up - and to stay at home / in their hotel room if there's any hint of a second red line.

• Someone should remind the EFL of the adage "When you're in a hole, stop digging".

I think they have truly botched this by allowing clubs to abuse the provision of requesting a postponement due to Covid.
    Sure if a club have genuinely 7/8 Covid cases then maybe a postponement is justified but e.g. Cambridge took the p**s.
    It's seem like the EFL never envisioned this scenario arising and are making up the rules as they go along. Not to mention that they are, in effect, urging clubs not to consider the safety and well-being of their staff.

• Can they still say this is all 'unprecedented' ?

• David Moyes has said what I think we're all thinking: that injuries shouldn't be taken into account unless you've got a significant number of Covid cases.

• Also what now happens if a club, mindful of its obligation under law to have regard for employee health and safety, does test on the day of a game and returns 5 or 6 positive results?
    Are they supposed to
    a) not report them, play the players and risk higher infections later on?
    b) not play them and have to play with an under strength squad?

Come on EFL, you know you can make up another ruling that is a total f**k up.
    Here's my suggestion
    c) dock points from teams who test on the day of a fixture.

• Have the EFL employed Boris as an advisor, to help with their Covid strategy? I wonder ?...

• edited December 2021

I think we're getting to the point now where even his own government is not employing Bozzer in any sort of advisory or leadership role! I assume once Liz Truss, like David Davis, Dominic Raab and Lord Frosty has got Brexit done again she will move on to sorting out Covid in football.

• @drcongo said:
    The only rum better than a Kraken is Diplomático

Some months later I doff my hat, or something like that. Diplomatico a very nice drop, Happy Weekend all.

• Now I want a Diplomático