Skip to content

Chants yesterday evening

Comments

• @HolmerBlue said:
    ****As for chants after about a million years has anyone done any research into whether or not '...you're shit aaaaaaaaaah!' actually has any effect on the goalie?****

This is probably the worst chant ever, also has probably never ever put a goalie off

There would have been plenty of games while Alsopp was in goal where if I was an away fan I would have thought I'd "got to him".

• It’s tradition though, like turkey at Christmas.

• Just noticed on the Sunderland forum a lively debate about their fans booing the knee, chanting about the IRA and 'Charlie Wyke is a sex offender...' in the Cup game against Wigan.

• These sex offender chants seem to be on the rise.

• 'Shit Ground No fans' 'Is this a Library?' and 'Your support is ****ing shit!' seem to have to be chanted despite them long ceasing to have any noticeable effect at all. I suppose it's the same as some sketch shows, you have to smile through some of the well-worn catchphrases until something new pops up and actually makes you laugh/irritates you.

• Still miss the “…in your xxxxxxx slums” song (when did we go from ‘songs’ to ‘chants’?).

No irony whatsoever singing it at Fetcham Grove or Clarence Park (although the latter was tough to scan right)

• For poorly directed chants I recall a chorus of 'in your Fulham slums....' being sung at the home fans at Craven Cottage. That must have hit them hard as they went back to their million pound river front town houses.

• My garden shed is bigger than this, sung at grounds twice as big as Adams Park

• "who needs Mourinho? We've got Mousinho"

• As I've said before, my personal favourite is "can we play you every week"

• Is shit on the floor sung by other clubs?

• Surely our only truly unique chant must be

Give me a "W"
    "W"

etc

• @Twizz Does it end with 'What have you got? A sore throat!' by any chance?

• @MorrisItal_ said:
    It’s worrying how few football supporters know what a library is.

This has already got 7 upvotes at the time of viewing. But it is so completely brilliant I wanted to quote it to try to get it some more. It's at the bottom of page 1 of this thread if you want to help Mr Ital get the adulation he deserves.

• edited September 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    @Twizz Does it end with 'What have you got? A sore throat!' by any chance?

Reminds me of the joke about the Borussia Mönchengladbach supporter who starts a chant.
    Give me a "B"...
    and a gunshot rings out across the terrace.

• edited September 2021

@Twizz said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Reminds me of the joke about the Borussia Mönchengladbach supporter who starts a chant.
    Give me a "B"...

Lol. Yeah, I've heard the 'sore throat' one at Wealdstone - which is really pushing it, tbh.

• ‘We’re the famous Wycombe Wanderers and our swans will break your arms.’

• edited September 2021

As has been pointed out before, we, along with many other clubs’ fans, regularly claim to be “by far” the greatest team the world has ever seen... Presumably Man City happily sing this with no irony whatsoever.

By the way, another vote for ‘Story of the Blues’ to become our anthem.

• @ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Sat in the 3rd tier, couldn't work out most of the songs.

Is this a library, not a fan of this song and I must of heard it about 6 times.

If only local councils invested similar sums of money into libraries as this stadium, the general intelligence levels of those coming up with chants might be greater.

• I like that @Rolo but what tune should we sing it to?

• @Rolo said:

If only local councils invested similar sums of money into libraries as this stadium, the general intelligence levels of those coming up with chants might be greater.

Parklife!

• @Ned_Ludd said:

@Rolo said:

Parklife!

Just spat out my coffee!

• @Twizz said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

Give me a "B"...

Without wanting to be an insufferable pedant, but the least popular person at Borussia Mönchengladbach is the 1. FC Köln fan who's infiltrated the home end to sing "Scheiß Mönchen-Kack-bach".

• I was most disappointed that we didn't give a rousing rendition of "And it's Wycombe Wanderers, Wycombe Wanderers FC! We're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen." after the sixth goal went in.

• Please tell me there were a least a few rounds of 'we're going to win 7-6?'

• @floyd said:

@Ned_Ludd said:

@Rolo said:

Parklife!

Just spat out my coffee!

Thanks for all the enthusiasm. Let's get this one going on the terrace against Morecambe.

• Story of the blues is great but it has already been story of the reds

• edited September 2021

@Rolo said:

@ryan_w_kirkby said:
    Sat in the 3rd tier, couldn't work out most of the songs.

Is this a library, not a fan of this song and I must of heard it about 6 times.

"Is this the Emirates?" when we were 2-0 up made me laugh at White Hart Lane.

• I still like “don’t worry.bout a thing “