Skip to content

FA Cup draw

In today’s FA Cup 3rd Qualifying Round draw Aylesbury United got yet another home game. A truly remarkable run. Here’s what transpired for local(ish) sides:

Aylesbury United v Ebbsfleet United
(at Chesham United)

Harrow Borough v Marlow

Leiston/Kings Langley v Tamworth
(Replay at Kings Langley this week)

Ware/Hemel Hempstead Town v Kidderminster Harriers
(Replay at Hemel this week)

Games to be played Oct 2nd.

** Chesham were due to play Harrow at home on Oct 2nd but as Harrow are playing Marlow on that day, Aylesbury United will be able to play on Oct 2nd. Shame, as otherwise Aylesbury would be playing an attractive game v Ebbsfleet on the Sunday.

Comments

• How many qualifying rounds before we join the competition?

• @oxfordshirechairboy There's 4 qualifying rounds then we're in after that - 1st round proper.

• I remember times when our FA Cup journey would start at the third qualifying round, have we ever entered earlier than that?

• Good grief @Ed_ on many occasions even in the conference days - the rules were different then - most recently in 90-91 1st qf rd.
    Pretty sure there was one year when we should have been exempt until later rounds but played in earlier round as secretary forgot to apply for the exemption….

• In the very old days we would sometimes start in the preliminary round or even extra preliminary road

• I think that was the Middlesbrough year @DevC

• Yep, We used to start from the 1st qualifying round as recently as the early 90s. I remember Nicky Evans saving us against Trowbridge one year with a couple if very late goals at Adams Park

• @Wycombe85 Thank you. My first game at Adams Park and the one that got me hooked.

• Marlow lost at Harrow and Aylesbury Utd at home to Ebbsfleete.
    Banbury still in the cup, and a nice easy one on the Choo Choo, as are Leamington who will need a replay at Kettering.
    Jersey Bulls play today.

• Hungerford Town had 3-2 home win against Cirencester Town, in front of a good crowd of 361. It took an added time winner, and they had a player sent off late in the game.

A First Round match away to them is now my preferred draw, a repeat of the B & B game, although Jersey Bulls away would be a nice adventure.

• When is the Fa Cup 1st round draw?

• Monday 26th October 19:00

• Thanks, although 25th if a Monday?

• @Steve_Peart Hungerford away would be good for me for obvious reasons, but I don't think we'd see David Wates score this time.

• A nice 'Tomaz Tikov' would be nice. But Ii would plump for Banbury Utd away.
    A nice compact traditional ground, right next door to the station.
    And plenty of watering holes in the town.

• It'll be some league 1 team away. You just know it.

• @Malone said:
    It'll be some league 1 team away. You just know it.

Plymouth

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    It'll be some league 1 team away. You just know it.

Plymouth

Could you imagine. Someone in the same league, and a huge long trip.

• Yeovil or Bath away would be great for me living in Wells Somerset.

• Any interesting non league side away would be good. Failing that, Bristol Rovers.

Or maybe wait til next season for them when they'll be non league again.

• @Malone said:
    Thanks, although 25th if a Monday?

Yeah sorry, I'm still living in 2020

• Jersey Bulls lost 1-0 at home to Chertsey Town today, in front of 1611.

• @ChasHarps said:
    A nice 'Tomaz Tikov' would be nice. But Ii would plump for Banbury Utd away.
    A nice compact traditional ground, right next door to the station.
    And plenty of watering holes in the town.

Banbury United, my first ever away game, FA Cup 2nd qualifying round 1970-71 season, we won 3-0.

• If Corinthian Casuals can overcome St Albans, that would be a nice tie.

• You just know it's gonna be something painfully uninspiring like Yeovil away

• Maidenhead away would be good, though!

• @ReturnToSenda said:
    You just know it's gonna be something painfully uninspiring like Yeovil away

I'll be happy with as i live about 25 miles away and would get a lift my neighbour who supports them.

• Dream FA cup draws are such a dissapointment aren't they?

Just saying that in hope of getting a draw that is interesting and creates the buzz the competition deserves.

(Gillingham away is not that draw)

• @LX1 said:
    Monday 26th October 19:00

BTW, the draw is this Sunday 19th from 13:00 on ITV. We're ball 48.

• Ticket outrage is set for 13.15 then?