Skip to content

Man City

Comments

• We always beat Man City

• JJ to score direct from the corner flag. Oh the scenes ...

• "we should be beating teams like City" - Ainsworth's job could be on the line here.

• Before I make my mind up - what crisps do they sell and how much are they?

• Bugger. Can’t sleep now. Drooling at the thought of that game. ?

• @railwaysteve said:
    Before I make my mind up - what crisps do they sell and how much are they?

Not sure but i hope they have an app to minimise the queue

• They would have been a different number in the draw

• edited August 2021

I'm case anyone is wondering about the likely crowd, back in 2018/19 Man City played Fulham at home in the 4th Round with 35k there. They played Burton in the semi final in the same season in front of 32k (and won 9-0!). So we can probably expect similar, although I'm unsure of the number of away fans in each case.

I think we'll get 45% of the gate receipts.

• No quandary at all is there? Put out our strongest team, have a right to at it, enjoy every minute. What else is football for.

• Be good to have a game to look forward to that week seeing as we don't have one the following weekend

• PBoPBo
    edited August 2021

@eric_plant said:
    They would have been a different number in the draw

exactly right - the “oh shit we missed out on [the team that the team who knocked us out drew]“ argument is nonsense, unless the draw has already happened before (say) a replay.

Sure, you could have drawn the same team, but probably wouldn’t have.

• How are the numbers decided? I always thought your number represented the order of the tie you’d just won. Which is why we were 20 something and Arsenal were 30 something.

• @woodlands said:
    We always beat Man City

Only in the league alas, our last League Cup game against them was a 4-0 defeat at Maine Road.

• City away in 99 is probably my biggest regrettable away miss.

Let's go there and beat them again.

• @floyd said:
    How are the numbers decided? I always thought your number represented the order of the tie you’d just won. Which is why we were 20 something and Arsenal were 30 something.

It seemed like all of yesterday's winners were 1-29 alphabetically and then the three winners of tonight's tues were 30-32. A bit odd.

• As I posted last night, Leeds (home to Crewe) offered Adults £15, kids u-16 £5 and got 34,000.
    Can but hope City offer similar.

• For the game V Burton a couple of years back the prices were very similar to above. 5000 or so allocation but plenty more available if Cup fever sweeps through the town.

• Holiday booked to Cornwall in September, sod it !!.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    As I posted last night, Leeds (home to Crewe) offered Adults £15, kids u-16 £5 and got 34,000.
    Can but hope City offer similar.

Surely the lower the price the lower the 'football fortune'.

• @Last_Quarter said:
    ….They played Burton in the semi final in the same season in front of 32k (and won 9-0!). So we can probably expect similar,….

I hope you mean the crowd and not the score (although I think the latter is more likely)

• I can see Gareth playing us as the underdog for this one.

• City will need to charge a reasonable fee to get their less than stacked support base in from Stockport. But we obviously don't want it too "reasonable" so we can make a decent pot!

• edited August 2021

Not only that, they're desperately trying to sign Cristiano Ronaldo in time for the tie with us. Shades of Sanchez going after Ian Wright and Gianluca Vialli before the Leicester cup tie.

• @davebevan if you are a real Bevan you will still be there!!!!

• A little gutted about this after @ReturnToSenda's sleuthing - if this is on the Tuesday I can't make it, but the Wednesday is clear!

• @Brownie it is being shown as Tuesday 21st at 7.45pm on the City website.

• I also note that they are playing Chelsea on the Saturday following our game.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    @Brownie it is being shown as Tuesday 21st at 7.45pm on the City website.

would hope it gets TV coverage as they are the holders