Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Man City

Β«13456710

Comments

  • "Twelve nil, we're gonna lose twelve nil..."

  • Who better to end their 4 year run of winning it :)

  • @Malone said:
    Who better to end their 4 year run of winning it :)

    Imagine that!

  • Made up with that draw.

  • @username123 said:

    @Malone said:
    Who better to end their 4 year run of winning it :)

    Imagine that!

    If they put a team of kids, and the likes of Rodri and Jesus out, they might come a cropper.
    They can ask Poch about that.

  • Can you hear Oasis sing, no-o, no-o ...

  • Surely high odds of this being a televised fixture. Some extra money for the transfer kitty?

  • Could get anhilated but at the same time a win would be amazing and it's gotta be a laugh and a night out

  • edited August 25

    @Brownie said:
    Surely high odds of this being a televised fixture. Some extra money for the transfer kitty?

    Absolutely zero odds I'd say.
    If it was United it'd probably be odds on, but City aren't anywhere near the same box office, and they'd fear a 7-0 drubbing! (of City obviously ;) )

  • It will be an interesting team selection for us. Can’t imagine too many of the development squad getting a look in

  • I bet Pete will be rubbing his hands at the thought of this one. COYB!!!!!

  • Not sure how I feel about this. Big tie for us of course. But we’ve probably got no more than a 1 in 100 shot at winning and it is hard to say what the crowd will be (30,000?) or how many we’ll take for a midweek.

    And do we even pocket much cash from Carabao cup games? I don’t think the gate split is as generous as the FA Cup.

    At home would have been much better.

    Anyway, shouldn’t complain too much. We’ll probably go and win now.

  • Looks like it'll be Tue 21st - United also drawn at home but play in the league on 19th, so will have to play their Carabao game on the 22nd.

  • Most happy for GA, who gets to hang out with Pep and learn from him.

    Take two. Most happy for Pep, who gets to hang out with GA and learn from him.

  • Quite confident about this one. I remember the last time we were there, at Maine Road of course, we gave them a footballing lesson with Sean Devine scoring. We were perched on a temporary stand - we also beat them at home that year as I recall, but it was some time ago now!!

  • Prices likely to be fairly low too, maybe 20 quid? Good for the fans but maybe not so good for the club when the gate receipts are split.

  • I just really hope we put out our strongest available team. The opportunity for the players to learn and test themselves against one of the strongest squads in the country in their own back yard rarely comes about. I’m sure it won’t be Man City’s strongest team of course, but that’s nothing we can control.

  • Rather a quandary for us isn't it. I mean, we could get stuffed anyway, but put in the youngsters as we did last night and it could be embarrassing and not really help their development! City have a habit of putting out a strong side in this competition, which probably forces our hand to do likewise. Which is quite a shame for our young lads who've helped to get us to this stage.

    Hopefully we'll have some of our injured players back by then which will allow us to rotate without weakening the side to any great extent.

  • City in the week then plastics at the weekend - could be a memorable few days!

  • @Malone said:

    @Brownie said:
    Surely high odds of this being a televised fixture. Some extra money for the transfer kitty?

    Absolutely zero odds I'd say.
    If it was United it'd probably be odds on, but City aren't anywhere near the same box office, and they'd fear a 7-0 drubbing! (of City obviously ;) )

    totally disagree, great chance of being televised as e en there 2nd team is better than most prem 1st teams

  • I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll take 3,000 up there despite it being Manchester midweek. Drooling at this draw. Fantastic for us.

  • Got to embrace it, where would we be if we hadn't given it our best shot against bigger teams over the last 10 years or so

  • Could feasibly be Cristiano Ronaldos first game for City if he signs.

    100 per cent would be televised and a sell out. What a night that would be.

  • Wonder what the real ale options will be?

  • @DJWYC14 said:
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll take 3,000 up there despite it being Manchester midweek. Drooling at this draw. Fantastic for us.

    We took 4.5k to Villa for the midweek FA Cup replay a few years back if I’m not mistaken? I reckon there’s a good chance we do the same again here. Away at the champions of England, new ground to visit etc. Can’t wait!

  • @fame_46 said:
    Could feasibly be Cristiano Ronaldos first game for City if he signs.

    100 per cent would be televised and a sell out. What a night that would be.

    imagine that, wow

  • Poor Ronaldo. Anthony Stewart already has an extra pocket being added.

  • TJ to score winning pen?

Sign In or Register to comment.