Skip to content

iFollow for the Afflicted

13»

Comments

• @drcongo said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    The easiest way to circumvent this is to use a Chrome extension VPN. It is easier to install, they are usually free of charge unlike standalone VPNs, and for some reason I find iFollow haven't cottoned on to the IP addresses of the extensions.

With my technical head on, I would say do not do this. 99% of free VPN Chrome extensions are sketchy, and a great many are outright spyware which will be logging everything you visit, injecting scripts into other sites, logging your keystrokes (thereby accessing your bank login etc). A VPN is definitely something you should research carefully and pay for.

My other advice here would be to try to find someone nearer than Australia, otherwise your stream is basically circumnavigating the globe before it gets to you. This isn't too much of a problem when you're watching pre-recorded content (like Netflix etc) but for a live stream it's likely to significantly degrade the quality.

Every time you post information like this I feel like I need a list of ten stupid things I do on the internet every day that I need to stop.

• @floyd said:

@drcongo said:

@OxfordBlue said:
    The easiest way to circumvent this is to use a Chrome extension VPN. It is easier to install, they are usually free of charge unlike standalone VPNs, and for some reason I find iFollow haven't cottoned on to the IP addresses of the extensions.

With my technical head on, I would say do not do this. 99% of free VPN Chrome extensions are sketchy, and a great many are outright spyware which will be logging everything you visit, injecting scripts into other sites, logging your keystrokes (thereby accessing your bank login etc). A VPN is definitely something you should research carefully and pay for.

My other advice here would be to try to find someone nearer than Australia, otherwise your stream is basically circumnavigating the globe before it gets to you. This isn't too much of a problem when you're watching pre-recorded content (like Netflix etc) but for a live stream it's likely to significantly degrade the quality.

Every time you post information like this I feel like I need a list of ten stupid things I do on the internet every day that I need to stop.

If you read too many of the good docs posts, I'm not sure you'd dare use the internet again! :)

• Imagine how I feel.

• edited August 2021

Wycombe voted against the reversion back to pre-Covid iFollow rules (just confirmed on the new YouTube show).

• edited August 2021

@ReturnToSenda said:
    Wycombe voted against the reversion back to pre-Covid iFollow rules (just confirmed on the new YouTube show).

Interesting.
    Clearly they've done some sort of analysis and decided they'd lose out.

It never did sit right that you could be watching an away game on your team's platform, and 80% went to your team, rather than the home team.

• Tuesdays game against Wigan is to be shown on ifollow, do season ticket holders automatically get a pass for this or is it something we would have to pay for in addition to season ticket?

• @DPR38 said:
    Tuesdays game against Wigan is to be shown on ifollow, do season ticket holders automatically get a pass for this or is it something we would have to pay for in addition to season ticket?

Assuming the same rules apply as last season, we have to pay £10.

• Never been so happy at the chance to wave goodbye to a tenner. My life is now officially very sad.

• Long old way on a Tuesday night, and Wigan seem to be making it even harder, by saying no tickets available on the day.

Very hard to turn down the ifollow option for this one.

• @DPR38 said:
    Tuesdays game against Wigan is to be shown on ifollow, do season ticket holders automatically get a pass for this or is it something we would have to pay for in addition to season ticket?

Away games aren't covered by season tickets

• @Malone said:
    Long old way on a Tuesday night, and Wigan seem to be making it even harder, by saying no tickets available on the day.

Tbh, if you're going to go to Wigan away in midweek, you probably need to decide earlier than the day of the game anyway. I don't understand people's outrage (see Twitter...) about this one.

• There are about 20,000 empty seats every week at Wigan, I think you'd be ok.

Why they need to make it all ticket for away fans is beyond me.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Long old way on a Tuesday night, and Wigan seem to be making it even harder, by saying no tickets available on the day.

Tbh, if you're going to go to Wigan away in midweek, you probably need to decide earlier than the day of the game anyway. I don't understand people's outrage (see Twitter...) about this one.

I would have decided on Tuesday lunchtime, probably a minority to be fair

• @Quarterman Were you able to watch the match on Saturday?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Yes no need to get too upset. I suppose a slight nervousness that this releasing details absolute last min, as seen early season will be the norm.

It's understandable as clubs get used to dealing with away fans again though, and no doubt like all the other things this forum is awash with moans about, it'll solidly get better as the club finds their groove.

• Managed to watch the games so far using a VPN on iFollow as I have a cousin abroad who has kindly signed up for me. The last 2 games, however, the iFollow app is logging me out like clockwork every 10 minutes so I’m having to log in about 4/5 times per half. Not an insurmountable annoyance but something I’d like to avoid if possible. To any of the more technologically minded posters, any suggestions on what the problem/solution could be? (This is using the app on a iPad, with NordVPN and deleting all cookies and restarting before logging on). Thanks :-)

• edited August 2021

@Quarterman said:
    Managed to watch the games so far using a VPN on iFollow as I have a cousin abroad who has kindly signed up for me. The last 2 games, however, the iFollow app is logging me out like clockwork every 10 minutes so I’m having to log in about 4/5 times per half. Not an insurmountable annoyance but something I’d like to avoid if possible. To any of the more technologically minded posters, any suggestions on what the problem/solution could be? (This is using the app on a iPad, with NordVPN and deleting all cookies and restarting before logging on). Thanks :-)

We've had a similar issue, will post if we find a solution other than memorising the login sequence so that the process only takes a few seconds if I find one!

• I've watched the Cheltenham and Sunderland games using a VPN (Norton) on Chrome and have had no problems. Possibly just an app issue? I know someone who couldn't see the option to buy the game abroad yesterday.

• Thanks @ReturnToSenda I’ll try next match on Chrome rather than the app. And thanks @Username similarly I’ll let you know if I resolve the issue!

• edited August 2021

I'm just watching yesterday's entire game on the ifollow replay facility on my pc. However, it appears to have no commentary, just the crowd noise. I have located the settings and have ticked the home option, but still nothing.

Any clever people in the know, care to share?