Skip to content

New away kit

2»

Comments

• @OakwoodExile said:
    Time for a reminder of the famous occasion when we wore the change / away (hedging my bets there) kit at Bury and certain gasroomers stood with their backs to the entire game in protest. We won 4 nil (Ben Strevens brace) as I recall so their loss.

I think you’re misremembering this somewhat! I do recall Dale and Marcus were spotted on the highlights not celebrating the fourth goal, but they definitely were facing the pitch. Unless you’re referring to some other gasroomers.

• Is there a rule that says you cant wear the "home" shirt with the "away" shorts if the only alleged clash is the dark shorts?

• @ReturnToSenda said:

They say gold. I say French mustard. Not a fan, but maybe it'll look better in the flesh (fabric).

I think the kit will look great against a green pitch. I don't think the release tweet is ideal, as the yellow/gold background makes the kit look a little sickly, instead of contrasting. It should look great in action!

• Mars seems like an odd place to do a kit launch photoshoot.

• Bolton may be a tricky one. Can see clashes with all of our 3 kits

• The launch photos on the website look much better.

• For people who attended the game and got to see the shirt in person, happy with it or not a fan?

• @drcongo said:
    Mars seems like an odd place to do a kit launch photoshoot.

Only place still on the green list I believe

• Plus they might be able to bring back the ball from Hylton’s penalty.

• @DPR38 said:
    For people who attended the game and got to see the shirt in person, happy with it or not a fan?

Looked like the team were just wearing bibs.

• edited July 2021

@Right_in_the_Middle said:

@DPR38 said:
    For people who attended the game and got to see the shirt in person, happy with it or not a fan?

Looked like the team were just wearing bibs.

Sorry to say I did not like it. It looked like a kit you might see on a TV programme about a football team that was trying to avoid looking like any established sides for legal reasons. Other opinions are available.

• @DPR38 said:

It's a no from me

• The gold kit looked more gold ‘in the flesh’ than in photos. Looked good on a balmy summer evening - “but will it deliver on a cold wet Tuesday night in Accrington?

• My wife, who knows about this kind of thing, reckons the away kit worn against Leicester City looks like two potato sacks stitched together with white upper sleeves also stitched on. Could not read the names or numbers on the back with any clarity. Do not shoot me, I am only the messenger however on this subject I agree with her which does not happen everyday.

• We have never conceded or failed to win in it. Good enough for me!

• I wasn’t so sure when I saw the promotional material but watch the game on YouTube last night and it certainly grew on me - could be the wave of optimism surrounding the performance and squad additions helped though!