Skip to content

New away kit

edited July 2021 in Football

They say gold. I say French mustard. Not a fan, but maybe it'll look better in the flesh (fabric).

Comments

• I think it looks class.

• Love it. My svelte figure is going to look amazing in that

I'm a bit worried about Stockdale though, he's really going to struggle on crosses looking at that picture

• *change kit

• edited July 2021

@therabbittest said:
    *change kit

Same thing, although I've never heard anyone refer to an away kit as a 'change kit' out loud. Maybe that's just a generational thing, though.

• It's times like this when I really miss Eddie Monsoon...

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@therabbittest said:
    *change kit

Same thing, although I've never heard anyone refer to an away kit as a 'change kit' out loud. Maybe that's just a generational thing, though.

Football nomenclature 101: agreed “away kit” it is, and the bloke trying to keep up with play on the touch line carrying a flag will always be “lino”.

• @perfidious_albion said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@therabbittest said:
    *change kit

Football nomenclature 101: agreed “away kit” it is, and the bloke trying to keep up with play on the touch line carrying a flag will always be “lino”.

Agreed

• I love these!

• I think it looks really good, although it does slightly make me think of something that Arsenal might wear as a second kit (because of the white sleeves). Good to see the club trying designs that we haven't done before.

• We had a yellow strip with blue arms a few years ago with Sharky Hayes, Loans logo on it. If my memory serves me rightly it was the season Clint Easton played for us.

• I’m certainly no fashion icon but I think it’s smart, modern and different. Thumbs up from me.

• @ChasHarps said:
    We had a yellow strip with blue arms a few years ago with Sharky Hayes, Loans logo on it. If my memory serves me rightly it was the season Clint Easton played for us.

Oh yeah, that wasn't a classic - although none of the shirts with that abomination on the front were.

• I like it, but don't like how it's being called the away kit !

• Someone made a good point on Facebook, now we have White shorts and socks we can wear them with the quarters if there is a short clash !! They also said they wouldn't hold their breath on it though, I probably agree, far to easy and sensible thing to do.

• Looks indestructible.

• edited July 2021

Interested to see which games we wear the red and white quarters for as I guess that's now the third kit - and no obligation to Cherry Red anymore as Dreams now have the front sponsorship on that one.

• Thank you for coming home
    Pleased that the chairs are all clean
    See the FETCH stickers gleam

These are our golden days
    What we'll be wearing away
    Only if there's a colour clash today
    Oh, but I'm proud of you, but I'm proud of you
    Keeper's kit makes them feel small
    Wycombe will be standing so tallllll
    Gold
    (Gold)
    Always believe in your soul
    You've got the power to know
    You're indestructible
    Always believe in, 'cause you are
    Gold
    (Gold)
    Glad that the fans can return
    In the Championship we have learned
    You're indestructible
    Always believe in

• @LX1 said:
    Thank you for coming home
    Pleased that the chairs are all clean
    See the FETCH stickers gleam

These are our golden days
    What we'll be wearing away
    Only if there's a colour clash today
    Oh, but I'm proud of you, but I'm proud of you
    Keeper's kit makes them feel small
    Wycombe will be standing so tallllll
    Gold
    (Gold)
    Always believe in your soul
    You've got the power to know
    You're indestructible
    Always believe in, 'cause you are
    Gold
    (Gold)
    Glad that the fans can return
    In the Championship we have learned
    You're indestructible
    Always believe in

Good work. :-)

• An old stick in the mud like me is never going to like fancy new modern kits, though the bucolic Chilterns as seen from the Golden Ball and mausoleum are a sight for the sorest of eyes.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@therabbittest said:
    *change kit

I too have never heard anyone say it out loud. My entire life it’s always been referred to as “away kit”, the only time I see it referred to as “change strip” is in the gasroom haha.

• Didn't think it'd be long before someone got aggravated at the use of "away" kit.

I'm sure someone can do the analysis on how many of the 23 games we'll use it for.
    If it's the vast majority "away" kit seems fairly well termed.

• @Malone said:
    Didn't think it'd be long before someone got aggravated at the use of "away" kit.

I'm sure someone can do the analysis on how many of the 23 games we'll use it for.

May or may not have got a bit bored on a day off

• Hang on, Pompey wear red socks, so maybe a slight mix and match for that one.

• What is wrong with 'away kit' again?

• @Wendoverman said:
    What is wrong with 'away kit' again?

I think it's so people don't get mixed up with a popular Australian soap opera.

• Time for a reminder of the famous occasion when we wore the change / away (hedging my bets there) kit at Bury and certain gasroomers stood with their backs to the entire game in protest. We won 4 nil (Ben Strevens brace) as I recall so their loss.

• @Wendoverman said:

Away implies you might wear it at all away games, rather than just those where you need to change because of a clash.

• @Wendoverman said:

Furious traditionalists who insist we should play in the home kit, sorry, 1st choice kit, barring the most impossible to deal with clashes.

• @ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:
    Didn't think it'd be long before someone got aggravated at the use of "away" kit.

Top work.
    And quite startling that the 3rd kit wouldn't be used that much less than the 2nd!

• @Malone said:

@ReturnToSenda said:

@Malone said:

Top work.
    And quite startling that the 3rd kit wouldn't be used that much less than the 2nd!

This is assuming League One refs are as strict on black v dark blue shorts as Champ ones seemed. Still baffles me a bit that there is no hard and fast law on that.